Hi ladies and gents,

As some of you may already know I had my first successful LEH draw for November moose in 8-23. To say I'm excited would be an understatement! I can't stop thinking about it and researching. I really want summer to be over haha.. I think I'm obsessed? I put in for this area because my brother recently moved up there and I plan to be spending a lot of time in that area anyway. This will be my third year hunting, though unsuccessful to date for big game. I'm definitely chomping at the bit for my first successful harvest but I love being out in our wilderness none the less. I'm grateful for any time I can get in our back country.

The hubby and I were up near Sugar Lake last weekend doing some scouting. I was surprised at how dense the bush was up there. I'm inexperienced and naive to say the least but I thought that area would be a bit thinner. I saw some old elk and moose sign and an absolutely endless amount of bear sign. Seriously, I've never seen so much in my life. That area must just be crawling with black bears.

I think our next trip out there scouting I will check out down south, below Cherryville. I told myself I wouldn't make a post asking for assistance but alas, here I am. After a lot of reading, it seems one of my main concerns is going to be private property. Can anyone suggest resources for marking where some of these properties are?

In addition to that, if anyone has any other tips, suggestions or recommended reading material for moose hunting in general I would definitely appreciate it! We'll also be hunting for whitetail and mulies as well. We will be there for a week or so in the beginning of November but I also plan on doing a couple earlier trips in October as well. Probably solo, since the hubby's work is less than cooperative with him taking time off.

Thanks in advance for your patience and assistance with this newb hunter lady!