Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: election results vs grizzly hunt ban?

Re: election results vs grizzly hunt ban?

The simpleton here is the know it all , that has time to post 18,375 times on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    you talk about a crown lease...Im talking about a range lease for cattle grazing
    I think you are talking about "grazing lease" as the right terminology.
    Not to be confused with "grazing permit"
    I am not a fan of grazing leases.
    Because the holder of that lease can basically act like it is "private property".(meaning...you can not hunt on it without
    permission)
    IF it is to be private property...then the person should go and "buy some private property"(the rancher/leaser).
    Now, if there were some guidelines, such as no ATV's or vehicles (as to not destroy the grazing grassland), and that
    all who hunt on there have to "sign in" before hunting, so as to take "responsibility" to what happen on that area....
    such as leaving garbage or anything like that...that atleast someone can be held liable.....I would be good with that.

I get the whole argument....I pay rent, so it's mine (like renting an office space from an owner of the building, you now
    have the right to do what you want, and nooene else can move in there etc)

But, in this case, the land is "crown owned", which really means..IMO....it is owned by the people of BC.

If I am right, Douglas ranch has a lot of "grazing permits".....but...they also own a lot of "private land"....
    which...IMO....is how it should have been all along in BC....buy it and own it.... or F'off.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    you talk about a crown lease...Im talking about a range lease for cattle grazing
    Basket Weaver's bill doesn't make the distinction.

Grazing leases are only limited in public access when they are occupied by livestock, and even then, ranchers are generally more than happy to grant permission to responsible recreators who respect the land and act as eyes and ears for the rancher.

Crown leases confer ownership rights on the lessee, and should be respected as such.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !