Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: election results vs grizzly hunt ban?

Re: election results vs grizzly hunt ban?

The various campaign promises have lots of wiggle room in them so until the regulations are drafted it's hard to say exactly what will happen. However I agree that the general public wanted people to harvest animals to eat but would not want the hide or anything useful wasted. So my money is on a regulation forcing utilization of all edible parts and silence on the issue of hides. If that is how this lands, there would be a silver lining as it would end the debate about bear hunting in the general public mind. The promise could very well have been a total ban on g bear hunt instead.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    Meat retention rules are good, right?
    What good is it to a dead bear?

It means absolutely nothing to the scientific management of the species, which is all that matters. Game managers count dead (and live) bears to make informed decisions about our hunt. It has nothing to do whatsoever with whether the meat is eaten by us or ravens.

Horgan has no legal mandate from the voters to govern this province or change any Wildlife Act laws or anything else. The NDP just lost its 5th straight election.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post

Horgan has no legal mandate from the voters to govern this province. The NDP just lost its 5th straight election.
    unfortunately for you thats simply not true...
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by ACB View Post
    2x on unbelievable! Everybody forgets why the NDP got totally annihilated in the late 1990's, what were they down to 3 or 4 seats in the legislation when Glen Clarke got the boot and Campbell took over? Now they'v wormed their way back up to 41 seats, man, people have poor memories (The young, misinformed and LM and VI lead in this group, most of the heartland of BC voted liberals).
    Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    I gotta laugh. It's quite apparent that enough (Lower mainland and VI with a smattering of WK and NWBC) people in this Province had had enough of the BC Liberals, so many in fact, that they are no longer in power, albeit by a very slim margin. Even the popular vote was within 1600 votes. 1600 out of 1.5 million! That's almost unbelievable.....
    Except that is was all the LM who voted for the NDGreens..........and we wonder why........

Thanks to the LM and VI, the rest of the province will be screwed over royally....where the actual funding comes from that pays for all those schools, hospitals and super 6-8 lane highways that those same LM and VI's enjoy.

And now we will get $10 day care (another benefit for those same LM's and VI's), free bridges (another benefit for those who live in the LM), no pipelines (another benefit for those who live on the south coast), $15 min wage and no "trophy" grizzly hunt (which again, is the will of those who live in the biggest clear cut in the province)....anybody see a theme here???

I could never vote for any leader who did not even have the decency to visit the Peace (or 60% of the province for that matter). Weaver never had a candidate up here and never left the LM and VI. Whoregan had two candidates up here Peace, but only came as close as PG for one day and spent the rest of his election time sleeping with those who drink his pixie dust, unicorn and sunny days Kool Aid promising things that will cost the rest of the province for years to come.....

I wonder where all the money is going to come from to pay for all these promises......?

Sad day for BC and the only hope is that people will see the truth through the rainbows and come to their senses.....

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    I gotta laugh. It's quite apparent that enough people in this Province had had enough of the BC Liberals, so many in fact, that they are no longer in power, albeit by a very slim margin. Even the popular vote was within 1600 votes. 1600 out of 1.5 million! That's almost unbelievable.

Now here's the things that makes me laugh. There are numerous people here that are, in a round about way, insulting those that voted for the NDP or Greens. I'll admit it, I flipped my vote to the NDP. But here's the thing, I was done, and the ultimate way to show government I no longer had confidence in them, and voted for someone else, yet many here were willing to continue on getting bent over. And with getting bent over, most sat and took it while never putting pen to paper, or making an appointment with their MLA. You just sat there and complained, and continue to do the same thing expecting different results. That.... is funny.

As fishermen and hunters, we have a fantastic opportunity here. We have 3 parties that we KNOW want our votes at the next election. Every single vote will count, and that was proven in this most recent election. Sit and do nothing wondering what will happen, or get out there and advocate at your game club, speak with your MLA, write your MLA, write the party leaders, and lobby for what is important to you and important to us, and MAKE IT HAPPEN. Don't sit there waiting for someone else to do it for you....
    WOW~~the smartest thing I've read about the current political situation in BC for a long time. Kudos to you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ohwildwon View Post
    Well said!

Lots of healthy passionate opinions all over this forum, great to see...

Perhaps a formal petition, focused on science based conservation, towards the G bear is in order?

Along with the consequence of the surrounding animals that it hunts?

100,000 hunters along with their families, your approaching 1 million voters..

We as a group, need to homogenize our goal of what is so important, for the future of our wildlife...
    A well known group like BCWF can't drum up good numbers for a petition that helps all wildlife in BC.....

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    A well known group like BCWF can't drum up good numbers for a petition that helps all wildlife in BC.....
    I agree, doesn't mean U don't keep trying...

Every, thing, is just a moment in time...

Believe, in evolution, with no form..
    Last edited by Ohwildwon; 05-31-2017 at 09:36 PM.
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

The Grizzz? This is going to be an ice breaker, which way the Grizz goes? If
    a. the grizz hunt stays the same as iz
    b. the regs are changed but still allowed to hunt
    c. the bear get's shot down completely excuse the pun.
    --- Whatever happens here, and seeing who comes out for and against will determine the outcome.
    -- Then if it goes south for the Grizz hunters, the rest of the endangered ani mules will be too.
    jello -- you wanted Christy the woman out and she 's still there hangin on from the top.
    The greens and No Down Payment who thrive on social matters and concerns, will listen to every animal worshipper from tella hassy to tim buck two point only, or or your fired!
    Last edited by Jelvis; 05-31-2017 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    WOW~~the smartest thing I've read about the current political situation in BC for a long time. Kudos to you!!
    Give it 6 months you will no longer be Happy...Jack..

Lol you peed in the pool..you go swim..
    Sheesh..
    Steven

I'll post my reply on this thread too.....why not.

Once Weaver and Horgan put all their policies into place, I'm going to deposit everything except the edible portions of my dream grizzly on their respective lawns.

All I need to do is figure out where to leave the mouth, and where to leave the a**hole.