Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fresh calls to ban B.C.'s grizzly hunt are no laughing matter

Re: Fresh calls to ban B.C.'s grizzly hunt are no laughing matter

Quote Originally Posted by bigben View Post
    Hey everyone good read get on board or you will lose another hunt next year and it will continue even more if you want a future for your children and yourself write you MLA and start gripping join a club and power to change things are in numbers lets not come to the point of I could of and did nothing it s ours to lose voice your opinions and vote wisely
    all the best JOIN YOUR BRITSH COLUMBIA WILDLIFE FEDERATION TODAY
    Not to derail a good discussion but what did the BC Wildlife Federation do for us in the allocation process? Seems to me like the resident hunter got the shaft in the allocation process and the BC Wildlife Federation sat at the table and did what?

Don't forget the last time the NDP was in power they did ban grizzly hunting. The NDP are not friends of the hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by quadrakid View Post
    I and others have said it before on HBC.First its the grizzly hunt,then what,the iconic mountain sheep being slaughtered by trophy hunters etc etc. It is anti hunting,not anti grizzly hunting.Get ready for it ,there are enough young voters that have no clue as to what the NDP did to this province the last time they held power.
    Good post quad, very true.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverOtter View Post
    ........... there is a strong focus from certain groups to curb predator harvest. .........
    Charitable societys with paid staff doing their jobs to keep the fight alive......makes for a tough opponent
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by dbergen69 View Post
    Not to derail a good discussion but what did the BC Wildlife Federation do for us in the allocation process? Seems to me like the resident hunter got the shaft in the allocation process and the BC Wildlife Federation sat at the table and did what?
    Because resident hunters are not actively engaged in the political process and suffer from advanced APATHY.The BCWF can only have so much clout at the bargaining table and are treated Persona non Grata thanks to most residents not being involved.
    If you remember there was an allocation deal and it was promptly ripped up much like the Teachers contract and three trips later through the courts the Government finally had to HONOR that contract and at huge taxpayers expense.So that is what resident hunters are dealing with a Government that has no honor or integrity so pick your poison and get involved.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

Were you paying attention at the time, or just catching up?
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by GoatGuy View Post
    GOABC has supported grizzly bear meat retention for a few years.

GOABC has also been very clear that the problems with grizzly bear hunting on the central coast are with resident hunters and viewing, not GOABC members. Not their problem.
    What do you mean the grizzly hunt on the coast isn't their problem? Do they not have guiding territories at all there or have they all been bought out? I would think that losing any grizzly hunt coast or not would affect GOABC as well no?

The question is, what did YOU do for the BCWF during the allocation process?
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !