Good day all,

I'm in the market for a new Spotting Scope. Have been getting by with a Vortex Nomad, but it's time to upgrade.

I have a 2k all in budget. Yes I'd like to increase that so I can get into a new Swarovski, but I've been given pretty clear direction from the boss and that's my $ limit if I want to be able to have enough extra for a good tripod.

I'm not in a rush to buy so have been keeping my eyes open for a used higher end scopes or tripods. So if anyone has anything that fits that bill they have been thinking on moving, drop me a pm.

But I also really like a couple other scopes in the price range.

1. Vortex Razor HD 22-48-65. Haven't had a chance to try the new model with the focus on the body. But I hear it's a better scope than its older model, and has a better rubberized coating.

2. Leupold GR 12x40-60 . Have tried the standard version and liked it. Haven't tried the HD. All my rifles are topped with Leupold scopes. Never had an issue with them so I have confidence in that brand. And I love the size and weight of these scopes. Just don't know if they are on par with the Razor?

Not interested in the big objective scopes as I do a fair amount of backpack hunting, so far for goats, often solo. A sheep hunt may be in my future. So portability is important.

Any advice!

Thanks