Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Why hunt Grizz?

Re: Why hunt Grizz?

Quote Originally Posted by RiverOtter View Post
    Interesting concept. Curious, where is your cutoff point, where it becomes "okay" to kill something you don't intend to eat? Pack rat? House mouse? Wasp? House fly? Or does your logic only extend to animals you kill with your rifle?
    For chrisake, smarten up. That`s all I got for you.
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories

Quote Originally Posted by AgSilver View Post
    Fair choice. Seems to be a common one among many hunters

I don't think he was saying whether or not it's "okay" as much as that's just how he personally draws a line for what he's willing to hunt.
    Thanks, yes I do.

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    But they sure can bitch if they don't find something to shoot for the freezer.
    Never had that problem in 43 years.

when I was about 13 or 14, I watched my brother shot 3 whiskey jacks in quick succession with a 12 gauge before I flipped out on him...it is funny what we will consider "fair game" to kill without eating and what we wont...had they been crows, I doubt I would have cared....I still remember coming to blows with my best friend at around 9 or 10 when he switched from playing badminton to swatting dragonflies, tearfully yelling "THEY EAT MOSQUITOS...STOP IT" as my mom broke up our brawl...

Since we are on this, the reason I don`t eat bears anymore is because I shot a nice young blackie boar for meat and was cutting steaks off a nice loin when the phone rang. 10 minits later I got back to work and all these thin hair-like worms were crawling out of the cut end of the loin.A fall berry fed bear too. Yeah, tell me about all the deer and elk you have seen with parasites.

I like and enjoy hunting as much as anyone else but for me hunting Grizzly was about as much fun as shooting a leashed St. Bernard.
    I'll take hunting Moose or Elk anytime over Bear hunting..
    Lord, Please help me to become half the man my Dog thinks I am..

For the longest time I wasn't ever going to go on a Gbear hunt...my dad never had an interest in it and he kind of passed that on to me. But as I get more involved in hunting I started to ask myself why not? I now am actively looking to bag a Gbear. Its not for the meat, its not for the trophy, but I plan on utilizing both the hide and the meat...its simply because why not? Why is a grizzly bear any different than a black bear, a deer, a moose or elk? Why not is the question rather than why...if its sustainable, done ethically and everything is utilized then the question is not why, but why not. Its not a magical creature, its not special, its just another animal in our environment. If you say no way to a gbear hunt, you might as well hang up the guns or bows, stop buying licenses and simply let others tell you what you should or shouldn't do. If we let them shut down the gbear hunt, the next will be black bear (already happened on QCI), and then it will be big bucks because they are magestic and beautiful...

So I am choosing to excercise my right as a hunter to hunt any creature as long as we do it ethically, and by doing this I am supporting those that really are into it, the guys that dream of that hunt. We should not choose what we find acceptable and pass judgement on others in our community, but rather support each other as long as it meets 2 criteria...ethical and sustainable.

Don't ask why, but ask why not. As soon as you ask why, you are siding with the anti hunters who have choosen this angle to attack us on, and when they achieve the outcome there, they will pick another angle to attack us on.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by sawmill View Post
    Since we are on this, the reason I don`t eat bears anymore is because I shot a nice young blackie boar for meat and was cutting steaks off a nice loin when the phone rang. 10 minits later I got back to work and all these thin hair-like worms were crawling out of the cut end of the loin.A fall berry fed bear too. Yeah, tell me about all the deer and elk you have seen with parasites.
    I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by AgSilver View Post
    I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.
    Hate to see you if you were in the kitchen where your cod for fish'n'chips is being cut up.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by sawmill View Post

I posted regarding two Blackies I butchered that were totally crawling with red pinworms a few years ago.
    That did it for me and bear hunting..
    Lord, Please help me to become half the man my Dog thinks I am..