Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Personal Best years???

Re: Your Personal Best years???

Quote Originally Posted by pg83 View Post
    BUMP!

I hate to brag, but I was right! 2017 was by far my best hunting year. While I did not make it on every hunt I hoped I would I did manage the following:

-June colour phase blackie
    -Aug Stone's with Rhyno
    http://archive.journalofmountainhunt...st-sheep-hunt/
    -Oct LEH Moose
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...highlight=pg83
    -Oct 2x3 Muley with my seven year old son(his first big game animal to be a part of). He has the euro skull in his bedroom!

It's going to be tough to beat, but I'll give it a try!
    Hope others had their best year in 2017 as well.
    Wow, you had a good year! My son, who’s 8, saw his first big game animal get taken while hunting with me. B bear outside of winter harbour. He kept track of how many bears we saw in 2017: 39. He got to see mom with cubs a bunch of times.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Every year is my best year.
    Could care less about the squeeze.
    All about getting out and learning.

The less you squeeze the more you learn.
    I agree, I got out far more than I ever had before and learned a bunch along the way!

Quote Originally Posted by charlie_horse View Post
    This year was awesome for me. Started with an epic goat hunt with no trigger pulled

Got my first elk, will be posting a story on that soon

Got my buddies dad his first 4point Muley and his biggest deer to boot and on the same trip had the patience to pass on a couple 4 points hoping to connect with a real mature buck bit it never happened. Was one of the best trips I've been apart of.
    Super cool, can't wait to hear about the elk! I'm still an elk virgin, hopefully this will be the year!

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    Wow, you had a good year! My son, who’s 8, saw his first big game animal get taken while hunting with me. B bear outside of winter harbour. He kept track of how many bears we saw in 2017: 39. He got to see mom with cubs a bunch of times.
    Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    2017, because it was my son’s first year hunting with me on a regular basis. We’ve got a nice b bear at the taxidermist and a couple grouse. Pictures posted.

Lots of road trips, exploring backroads, great meals, and teamwork.
    It's pretty special getting out with the kids! Can't wait for bears in a few months again with my boy.
    WSSBC Monarch Silver Member
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

This will always be one of our greatest... 5 out 7 aint bad

^^^^incredible pic, can't beat that..

It was my best season thus far, learned lots about elk, got stung in the early season hunting elk when it was hot on the pecker by a wasp which was a sign I guess that I was going to have a good season - harvested my best whitetail buck, helped my main hunting partner get a nice 4 point muley, and shot another whitetail buck in the rut later season..

Quote Originally Posted by yama49 View Post
    This will always be one of our greatest... 5 out 7 aint bad
    That is awesome right there!!

Although I've had some pretty good seasons over the years 2017 was by far my best and I never even pulled the trigger. My ten year old daughter harvested her first deer a 4x4 whitetail after sitting in the blind for a few days in September. Then she followed it up with shooting a nice fat mule deer spiker in October while going for a drive one evening.... even mom got to see her in action. Never been more proud in all my life.

This has to be one of the most enjoyable threads, Thanks to all for making it so.
    I think my best year was 1964, started by getting my best Pronghorn Antelope and then my biggest Whitetail.
    The old deer had 9 points on one side and 7 on the other, having chipped two fighting.
    Tougher than boot leather but a beautiful rack..
    Lord, Please help me to become half the man my Dog thinks I am..

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    ^^^^incredible pic, can't beat that..

It was my best season thus far, learned lots about elk, got stung in the early season hunting elk when it was hot on the pecker by a wasp which was a sign I guess that I was going to have a good season - harvested my best whitetail buck, helped my main hunting partner get a nice 4 point muley, and shot another whitetail buck in the rut later season..
    Interesting. I too got hammered by an angry mofo yellow jacket while elk hunting in the west Koots....but luckily he got me only 3 times and none were on my pecker. Ear neck and hand aren't near as sensitive
    Last edited by Stone Sheep Steve; 01-10-2018 at 06:23 PM.
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    Interesting. I too got hammered by a angry mofo yellow jacket while elk hunting in the west Koots....but luckily he got me only 3 times and none were on my pecker. Ear neck and hand aren't near as sensitive
    I understand that your pecker was safe when the wasp was stinging your ear and neck, but there was considerable danger when he was near your hand.

First year in ages that I didn't get hammered by at least one wasp during hunting season. I'm getting smart in my old age and flip the tab on my pop cans so they can't climb inside. I've had a couple of bad experiences with those little bassturds in camp in the last few years!
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

In the 70ties and 80ties when there where very little wolf population..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..