Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hi-End Binoculars

Re: Hi-End Binoculars

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Those shouldn't be used in the same context.
    Sage advice: Walk little, see much.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

For those of you that cannot afford 2 grand on binos.....give these a looks see. I bought some through my supplier at work a few years ago and never looked back. My one hunting buddy bought the exact set and put his zeiss binos away. Another hunting buddy gave me hell for not showing them to him before he paid 2500 for his swarovskis. Symon from the site here just got a pair as well. Incredible optics.....will they last 30yrs. I have no idea....have not had them that long but so far I love them and I know Optics.....as some of you know, it's my job.

So check out the Carson line. Carson is relatively new to binos but have been in the optics business for a long time. Some of their lines are junk however....but I reccommend their XM series. Very good. Especially the newer High Definition models

http://www.carson-optical.com/full.html

and an independant study to compare a little
    http://www.carson-optical.com/Light.html

Lettin my Zeiss Classic 8x32's go to my lil bro for $750 and pickin' up some Swaro EL 10x42wb's in the next couple weeks. Just waiting for half a dozen places to get back to me with the best price on them
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

Let me know if you don't mind, I have few price quote's coming back to, and then of course I have a guy who says he'll beat the lowest price I can find!!!

I had gradually stepped up in bino grade over my hunting lifetime.I had ended up at Leupold Pinnacles 8X42 great glass for $500.
    I picked up a pair of Zeiss 8X32 classics this past winter and what an incredible step up in quality.Nice compact and easy to use,bright right to the bitter end of seeing light.Way past shooting light,should have bought these years ago.
    I just picked up a set of Minox 15X58 big eyes and a manfrotto tripod to set them on.If your looking for the best bang for a glassing tool not neccesarily a hunting bino,pick up a pair of these.Last light and seeing game at extreme ranges,at clarity you have to see to believe.RB

Iuse the Leica Ultravids and must say I love them. 10x42.

Elites are very good, for less money.

The higher you get up in quality, the fewer "big jumps" there are in performance.

I'd try a few and see which work best for your eyes, the Leicas work better for me than ther Swaros. Both great glass
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

hi i own a pair of 8.5x42 els they are just awesome ,i have optics from leupold and zeiss, which are good too, but swarovski in my opinion are hands down in a whole different league although bloody expensive but worth it.

I use a pair of Steiner military/marines in 10x50 optically great but a little heavy. They usually cost around $750-800, My hunting buddy has the night hunter model in 12x42 and they are not as clear so he now also has a pair of swaros and my steiners perform very closely to the swaros althoght I think it is probably due to the exit pupil size formula at low light more than anything.

i have swaro 10x32 nice and lite. if i can't tell what it is with them i have my 20/60x65 swaro scope to look at the little buggers. i am hearing good things from stiener as well. the predator and perigin series is the cats ass i hear. for half the money.

I bought a pair of Zeiss 8x42 T* FL's for this season, they are incredibly sharp, clear, and bright.

I was looking at a deer with them and I could see so much definition in the hairs it was amazing. Never seen that sharp resolution before! I guess you could call them hair popping sharp. No wonder they are rated above the others. Now Leica are playing catch up with their new "HD" glass.

Zeiss sure has stepped it up a notch with their "FL" glass. I got them for a good price, $1199 non Lou-Tec at cameralandny. Can't wait to get them out hunting.

http://betterviewdesired.com/Zeiss-V...-Binocular.php