Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BC NDP on Grizzly Bear Trophy Hunt Ban- Questions Answered

Re: BC NDP on Grizzly Bear Trophy Hunt Ban- Questions Answered

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdown View Post
    The day you start managing anything based on heart and not science is the day we are all screwed. Funny when you have a rat problem at these homeless camps for example when they move out they exterminate them all. When you have nice little pet bunnies running all over the place you hug and save them, both rodents. Two different results!!!!
    Isn't that the truth!
    Its ironic that the "mystical wolf" and the "iconic grizzly bear" have been lifted to an almost sacred level by a percentage of the public that has very little or no true knowledge of these animals in the wild.
    The ones that work around and observe these two species on a regular basis recognize they cannot be put at a 100% protected level.
    This group, for the most part, deeply respect these apex predators.
    They also understand what will happen if these 2 controversial animals are left on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Chipman View Post

...We have a lot of personality conflicts in our community, but we also have an awful lot of expertise and knowledge. We need to put that where the people are, and that means Youtube, Facebook and Twitter. If I type "grizzly bear" into the search bar of my Facebook page I get 8 results immediately. 2 of them reference stopping the BC grizzly hunt. None of the other 6 results provide a counter point to these.

If you've only got one guy selling an idea in a marketplace of ideas, and that idea is stopping a grizzly hunt on moral grounds, he's the guy who's going to make the sale. We can't win a game that we don't even play. We need to start playing. The grizzly hunt is just a battle. As we should recognize from all our talks on this forum about mule deer, whitetail, moose, FNs, predator control, habitat and, above all else, a plan and a funding model, the war is going to last a lot longer...
    Great points.

We recently had Jesse Zeman on the podcast awhile back, and soon Dr Adam Ford from UBC (soon to be released). We are hoping to use the podcast as a platform to educate listeners (and ourselves) on current issues and potential solutions. Any suggestions you all have in terms of topics, guests etc. please let us know per our links below. Would love to help in anyway we can!
    Mike & Kelly

Download our podcast "The Rookie Hunter" from iTunes or stream it from our website.

http://www.therookiehunter.com/podcast/
    https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/the-rookie-hunter/id1091008357

Why aren't we as hunters, conservationists and generally speaking lovers of the outdoors getting behind the NDP in regards to their response? Im sure we can all agree that the liberals have in part been responsible for the moose population decline, stealing the money we put in to the system rather than reinvesting it to protect, manage and monitor our wildlife populations that we rely on to do what we love.

I fully support taking the term "Trophy" away from the antis by making all meat be removed. Does this not help our cause?
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

their not trying to shut down the "term" they want it all shut down. funny when asked on any other hunting or details to his proposal, he runs the other way, or on his page, he removes the questions and blocks people.
    already been 2 versions to his story on that hunt, doesn`t seem to want to clarify much. nor doe the green guy that was on here looking to buy votes to.

you gonna leave the rug and skull and only take the meat as he wants?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonz View Post
    you gonna leave the rug and skull and only take the meat as he wants?
    where do you read that?
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    where do you read that?
    thats what he wants. actualy has put out 2 diff statements on this..

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    Why aren't we as hunters, conservationists and generally speaking lovers of the outdoors getting behind the NDP in regards to their response? Im sure we can all agree that the liberals have in part been responsible for the moose population decline, stealing the money we put in to the system rather than reinvesting it to protect, manage and monitor our wildlife populations that we rely on to do what we love.

I fully support taking the term "Trophy" away from the antis by making all meat be removed. Does this not help our cause?

I agree with this statement.

The NDP has taken a position that basically supports hunting but takes the "trophy" out of it. If the guides want to still cling to the "trophy" terminology that's their choice. Not wise in my estimation. But then again, they are now a short term advocacy group for $$$$. That's why many of the real guides have distanced themselves from their once-respected organization.

Most of the newer guides I know don't even hunt, they just make money off of the "trophy" hunt. It's a much different world from when the guides were real hunters at heart!

Time to take "trophy" out of how anyone describes hunting.

should remove all money value to all game, same for fish, you want them. go buy a rod n reel and catch one. sorry commercial guys, way to much waste, for profit and the animal/fish are the ones loosing everytime

If you think government ignores fish and wildlife now, just wait until you take the monetary value aspect away.

Politicians respond to money and votes, nothing else, and that is irrespective of party.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

oh i know it would be a massive blow to their incomes, but i feel its the biggest issue in our fish and game....always wondered what happens to all them over priced fillets in safeway they dont sell, must be boatloads of them that end up in garbage...or where do they go?
    and then aybe as hunters we need to step up and pay into it a bit more to get what we want, or not lose what we have at least, for me, needs to pay direct though. no offence, but to many inbetween taking their cut as most places do, in the end they see pennies of money from us