Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed George and the BCWF

Re: Ed George and the BCWF

Is it just me, or did it not seem like all the old threads made it sound like everyone was on Eds side? Everyone jump ship now or just decide to throw him under the bus? Sorry I'm not familiar with Ed and this whole issue other than what I've read here and the couple vague memos from the BCWF but it seems everyone has flipflopped or maybe just the ones that didn't like Ed before were keeping quiet and now that the court has decided they are speaking up and the supporters of Ed are keeping quiet? Or was there some more info brought to light in the court case that shocked everyone? What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by russm86 View Post
    Is it just me, or did it not seem like all the old threads made it sound like everyone was on Eds side? Everyone jump ship now or just decide to throw him under the bus? Sorry I'm not familiar with Ed and this whole issue other than what I've read here and the couple vague memos from the BCWF but it seems everyone has flipflopped or maybe just the ones that didn't like Ed before were keeping quiet and now that the court has decided they are speaking up and the supporters of Ed are keeping quiet? Or was there some more info brought to light in the court case that shocked everyone? What gives?
    The same posters that defended the BoD decision to suspend Ed George are the same ones presently posting.
    After what has taken place with the suspension, the legal dispute as to who was right or wrong, and the ruling in favor of the BCWF BoD...Ed George should be disallowed from running for office.
    Will the BCWF be awarded costs when this is all wrapped up....I hope so.
    The entire issue has been a waste of people's time, a waste of BCWF finances and has eroded the organization.

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    The same posters that defended the BoD decision to suspend Ed George are the same ones presently posting.
    After what has taken place with the suspension, the legal dispute as to who was right or wrong, and the ruling in favor of the BCWF BoD...Ed George should be disallowed from running for office.
    Will the BCWF be awarded costs when this is all wrapped up....I hope so.
    The entire issue has been a waste of people's time, a waste of BCWF finances and has eroded the organization.
    pretty well sums it up!
    Resident hunter and proud of it!

The fan boys have always been here. There is no point in the back and forth banter-The court made a decision and I'll respect that. Every one of these threads has ended badly and I don't see this one being any different. I'm confident change for the better will come but it will unfortunately take some fairly significant "push".

The whole thing stinks.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    Judge's reasons for his decisive ruling will be written later. He gave his decision via memorandum because time was of the essence in this case.

Sadly, we have lost a pile of money to legal fees, money that could have been spent on youth programs, education, conservation projects, resident priority - any number of things besides having to pay lawyers to defend a solid, legal, necessary decision by the BCWF BoD.

Real leaders take responsibility for their actions, admit they were wrong, and step aside with dignity.

The federation needs leadership from people who are educated about and sensitive to modern day organizational policies, who have strong supervisory experience, and who can represent us in a professional manner. This ain't 1960.
    Well said.....

I have to agree as I thought from previous postings that Ed was well liked; guessed wrong. Hopefully the BCWF can get back to business as usual and this will set a precedent to uphold their policies. As FD has said, this isn't 1960.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Quote Originally Posted by Wentrot View Post
    The fan boys have always been here. There is no point in the back and forth banter-The court made a decision and I'll respect that. Every one of these threads has ended badly and I don't see this one being any different. I'm confident change for the better will come but it will unfortunately take some fairly significant "push".
    Hopefully, the BCWF appeals to you and you'll actually decide to join and become a member.

In the meantime, I'm sure the BCWF will continue to be member-driven and take suggestions from those who actually belong to the organization.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Those that truly put wildlife, habitat, conservation, and the overall well being of the federation ahead of personal agendas, remained, for the most part, silent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    Well said.....

I have to agree as I thought from previous postings that Ed was well liked; guessed wrong. Hopefully the BCWF can get back to business as usual and this will set a precedent to uphold their policies. As FD has said, this isn't 1960.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Well most of "us" didn't say much if anything about this until the courts had a look. If you go back to older threads there were a handful of Ed's supporters though that said a lot and posted many times about it. This whole thing has been very unfortunate for the fed, like, really unfortunate. I just hope now everyone can respect the ruling and move on and not continue to try to make political hay out of it.

Note- You can be a likeable and good person and still make mistakes and mistakes that in this day and age are deal breakers. JMO.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Is this shit all about some raunchy e-mails???
    BFD, theres worse shit in life. Way cheaper also!!!!