Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tree stand etiquette

Tree stand etiquette

Found a tree stand in a fresh cutblock the other day. Obviously left from last season. They have logged all around it and my wife and I see it on our regular quad rides. Do people often leave their tree stand out over winter? I pull them in after use.
    So here's the dilemma .. Leave it and have others take it or take it myself. There's no way to tell if it is someone local or comes for a week hunt every year. It was well hidden before the logging. Lots of people will be using this trail for recreation
    thoughts anyone?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Tree stand etiquette

It's not yours so don't touch it how about that

I personally would leave it. It is not mine. It is now exposed but maybe the owner will come and move it. Hopefully some other Good Samaritans don't take it.
    If you wanna hunt outta it I say fly at it but allow the rightful owner to hunt it if he shows up well your their.
    Team Toyota
    Hoyt rampage xt
    husky 30-06

Leave it for others to steal or steal it yourself? Ill second the it's not yours so dont touch it comment.

Just to be clear, they started logging in December and built a road next to it and logged all around it.
    we'll leave it and see what happens.

If you go to the mall shopping and leave your vehicle in the parking lot would you mind if I took it ?

Don't take something that is not yours....I can't believe you even had to ask.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

Really? your actually thinking of stealing another hunters treestand, hmm
    are you looking for permission to steal,,
    you actually really asked that question?

I left mine out over the winter in Alberta late summer I went to clear out some shooting lanes and it was gone! Small town I found out who logged the area and sure enough I had it back within the week. Please leave it be!

I was thinking of stashing it in a less obvious place, or putting a add on here or kijiji. Something helpful.
    Vehicle in parking lot is stupid.
    Thanks for the help

Take it I say!!! If I seen one of them things in my region I'd lay in wait till the rotten filthy poacher came back to use it, then he'd get a good 2 or 3 minute shower with pepper spray, then a real good 20 minute goin over with a plastic pipe filled with lead shot! When he get's out of ICU in a month or two, I'd be wait'in by the hospitals front doors and push him out of his wheel chair too boot! I just hate tree stand Hunters!