Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Electric Fence..

Hybrid View

Electric Fence..

Don't know if this has been posted before so here goes.

I have been doing some thinking about how a electric fence line would work having the fence around your camp surroundings

as for around you game meat pole when hunting season has not come for the opening and I am camping in no man's land
    I would think that when you are sitting around the campfire thinking about if a grizzly bear might walk into your campsite

My thoughts are this might be a good way to protect yourself when you're camping in a remote area,,what's your thoughts
    HBC members ??? .
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Electric Fence..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdM9YOYrcbs
    yes posted before and this link was used as an example

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdM9YOYrcbs
    yes posted before and this link was used as an example
    Lol ya I love that one....

You can get small ones. The whole package weighs 2.5 pounds if I'm correct. Would definitely make a guy feel better in grizz land

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Don't know if this has been posted before so here goes.

I have been doing some thinking about how a electric fence line would work having the fence around your camp surroundings

as for around you game meat pole when hunting season has not come for the opening and I am camping in no man's land
    I would think that when you are sitting around the campfire thinking about if a grizzly bear might walk into your campsite

My thoughts are this might be a good way to protect yourself when you're camping in a remote area,,what's your thoughts
    HBC members ??? .

Just be extra careful with an electric fence when you go out in the dark for a pee, Wayne!

You might get the shock of your life!
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    Just be extra careful with an electric fence when you go out in the dark for a pee, Wayne!

You might get the shock of your life!

Thanks Pat for the thumbs up I would have a electric fence that would be 30 feet away from my surroundings meaning camper fire pit the fence would be put up around my camp out 30 feet it would be in place so that if a grizzly did come in me not noticing it at the time the fence would help stop the bear and I would have time to do what I need to do,,sitting around the fire or even in the daytime when in a fairly thick wooded camp spot area you never know when a bear will walk out of the bush into your camp..
    Last edited by hunter1947; 01-13-2016 at 07:22 PM.
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

I have a Udap bear fence for around the food/cooking area of camp. It comes with enough fence for a 27' square, but I have a roll of fence wire and extra poles to make it quite large if I want to. Not sure I've had any bears come to the fence, but none have ever been inside of it, that's for sure. A couple of wolves skirted it last fall.

Cheap insurance when you have to leave camp all day.
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambush View Post
    I have a Udap bear fence for around the food/cooking area of camp. It comes with enough fence for a 27' square, but I have a roll of fence wire and extra poles to make it quite large if I want to. Not sure I've had any bears come to the fence, but none have ever been inside of it, that's for sure. A couple of wolves skirted it last fall.

Cheap insurance when you have to leave camp all day.

I have the same fence and we are starting to use it as we have Grizz around camp now.These are used in Alaska with good results.http://www.udap.com/mm5/category/bear-electric-fences
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess