Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Electric Fence..

Electric Fence..

Don't know if this has been posted before so here goes.

I have been doing some thinking about how a electric fence line would work having the fence around your camp surroundings

as for around you game meat pole when hunting season has not come for the opening and I am camping in no man's land
    I would think that when you are sitting around the campfire thinking about if a grizzly bear might walk into your campsite

My thoughts are this might be a good way to protect yourself when you're camping in a remote area,,what's your thoughts
    HBC members ??? .
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Electric Fence..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdM9YOYrcbs
    yes posted before and this link was used as an example

You can get small ones. The whole package weighs 2.5 pounds if I'm correct. Would definitely make a guy feel better in grizz land

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Don't know if this has been posted before so here goes.

I have been doing some thinking about how a electric fence line would work having the fence around your camp surroundings

as for around you game meat pole when hunting season has not come for the opening and I am camping in no man's land
    I would think that when you are sitting around the campfire thinking about if a grizzly bear might walk into your campsite

My thoughts are this might be a good way to protect yourself when you're camping in a remote area,,what's your thoughts
    HBC members ??? .

Just be extra careful with an electric fence when you go out in the dark for a pee, Wayne!

You might get the shock of your life!
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

I have a Udap bear fence for around the food/cooking area of camp. It comes with enough fence for a 27' square, but I have a roll of fence wire and extra poles to make it quite large if I want to. Not sure I've had any bears come to the fence, but none have ever been inside of it, that's for sure. A couple of wolves skirted it last fall.

Cheap insurance when you have to leave camp all day.
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambush View Post
    I have a Udap bear fence for around the food/cooking area of camp. It comes with enough fence for a 27' square, but I have a roll of fence wire and extra poles to make it quite large if I want to. Not sure I've had any bears come to the fence, but none have ever been inside of it, that's for sure. A couple of wolves skirted it last fall.

Cheap insurance when you have to leave camp all day.

I have the same fence and we are starting to use it as we have Grizz around camp now.These are used in Alaska with good results.http://www.udap.com/mm5/category/bear-electric-fences
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

I've seen good results on them, also check out packalarm.net

I use my pack alarm... sleep much better at nite in bear country!
    Thompson Center ProHunter - Owner/Operator

Level A Welder / Fabricator by Trade