Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Concern with BCWF and GOABC and hounds

Re: Concern with BCWF and GOABC and hounds

Gatehouse ... thanks I did and I am waiting for a reply.

Tuner..... I am well aware of who will best represent my interests ....it is me

Steveo ....Jack pine in his original post sounded like he had firsthand info which is why I proposed the question.There maybe some fake names but there is some staff of BCWF that are big posters here,again,which is why I asked my original question.
    Just because I said that I have some personal concerns with BCWF u assume I am "confused" and an outfitter or guide.
    The "confused " part maybe debatable but I am neither a guide nor an outfitter,Hence I was not privy to info from this meeting.
    But thanks for your "detective" work anyways.
    I am just a guy with a pack of dogs that spends more time hunting than most and is concerned about his way of life.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by souwester View Post
    Gatehouse ... thanks I did and I am waiting for a reply.

Tuner..... I am well aware of who will best represent my interests ....it is me

Steveo ....Jack pine in his original post sounded like he had firsthand info which is why I proposed the question.There maybe some fake names but there is some staff of BCWF that are big posters here,again,which is why I asked my original question.
    Just because I said that I have some personal concerns with BCWF u assume I am "confused" and an outfitter or guide.
    The "confused " part maybe debatable but I am neither a guide nor an outfitter,Hence I was not privy to info from this meeting.
    But thanks for your "detective" work anyways.
    I am just a guy with a pack of dogs that spends more time hunting than most and is concerned about his way of life.
    Thanks
    No worries, from your bold writings and position you had me convinced you were an outfitter hence my confusion. Also it seemed you had more intimate knowledge of what outfitters do than the average bear. I might have been less confused and assumptive if you introduced yourself and gave a little back story about being a houndsmen and such, just saying. Usually what I have noticed around here is if you are a first time poster on a subject that is outfitter/BCWF based there is a good chance you are a guide. I understand you getting right to the point and like I said welcome to HBC and looking forward to your input.

Quote Originally Posted by jack pine savage View Post
    The GOABC has very little if any support within the BC Wildlife Federation, the back door deals burned that bridge.

Hunting for Health not Heads
    Works both ways then. Great attitude.

Lets not allow what bears actually do and what people think they do become an issue ?
    Ever hounded a bear ? How many have gone 2-30kms and treed 1-500yds from the initial starting point ? Ridiculous amounts.
    Predators keep to somewhat of the same area at different times through out certain areas depending on the time of year.
    We all know that. So, when a bear leaves it's Cubs as a defense and protection mechanism, who are the people forgetting the fact they know exactly where they are going and know exactly how to get back to the Cubs?
    How many bears have been relocated 2-3 times hundreds of miles away only to be found sitting in the same dumpster 6-7 days later ? Lots, that's why they hardly bother anymore.
    The homing instinct of animals has been finely tuned for hundreds of years, clearly there are some specific reasons that have nothing to do with the reasons being used, which are based on emotion and "baby bears".
    So beat them with science and facts.
    I've caught the same bears from the same spots after doing the same loops 3 times in a week. Why were the Bears back in the same spot? Because they know where and when to find the prime feed at the right time.
    Houndinf bears with dogs is not an issue, there isn't a single pack of dogs that can harm a 150lb snipe nosed little sow, if they stay on the ground it's because they have the potential to take your whole pack out quicker than you'd want to see... Ask how I know. Cubs never stay on the ground. More Cubs are orphaned by fools shooting sows who don't wait long enough to see if there is any Cubs in tow or can't I.d Them before the shot.

Now how about the bear parts poaching still going on as frequent as ever and how about the bears shot at night by pitlampers who can't Id ungulates far away in the lights?
    Last edited by BlacktailStalker; 11-25-2015 at 10:19 PM.
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

Quote Originally Posted by BlacktailStalker View Post
    Works both ways then. Great attitude.

Lets not allow what bears actually do and what people think they do become an issue ?
    Ever hounded a bear ? How many have gone 2-30kms and treed 1-500yds from the initial starting point ? Ridiculous amounts.
    Predators keep to somewhat of the same area at different times through out certain areas depending on the time of year.
    We all know that. So, when a bear leaves it's Cubs as a defense and protection mechanism, who are the people forgetting the fact they know exactly where they are going and know exactly how to get back to the Cubs?
    How many bears have been relocated 2-3 times hundreds of miles away only to be found sitting in the same dumpster 6-7 days later ? Lots, that's why they hardly bother anymore.
    The homing instinct of animals has been finely tuned for hundreds of years, clearly there are some specific reasons that have nothing to do with the reasons being used, which are based on emotion and "baby bears".
    So beat them with science and facts.
    I've caught the same bears from the same spots after doing the same loops 3 times in a week. Why were the Bears back in the same spot? Because they know where and when to find the prime feed at the right time.
    Houndinf bears with dogs is not an issue, there isn't a single pack of dogs that can harm a 150lb snipe nosed little sow, if they stay on the ground it's because they have the potential to take your whole pack out quicker than you'd want to see... Ask how I know. Cubs never stay on the ground. More Cubs are orphaned by fools shooting sows who don't wait long enough to see if there is any Cubs in tow or can't I.d Them before the shot.

Now how about the bear parts poaching still going on as frequent as ever and how about the bears shot at night by pitlampers who can't Id ungulates far away in the lights?
    Well said Andy!

There maybe some fake names but there is some staff of BCWF that are big posters here
    You've been a member here for 2 days and have 3 posts, yet you boldly make this assertion? How do you come to that conclusion?

Seems a bit odd for a 2 day old, HBC greenhorn to know who the people are behind online aliases, don't you think?

Even a certain well-funded guide outfitter organization knows very little, or nothing, about who is who online, despite their minions who keep tossing bait at certain posters.

<scratches head, draws logical conclusion, nods knowingly>
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Yes Fisher-Dude I only have 3 posts......Not 16,000 that sure is something to be proud of !
    Im not going to list names but it is surprisingly easy info to get ....people like to talk.
    I think I have been reasonably respectful with what I have posted on this thread,Im allowed to have an opinion same as you are.
    I would like to try and keep this thread to topic.

If u want to start another thread accusing me of being an outfitter or "minion" fly at it man.

I'm pretty thick skinned so make sure your accusations or any insults u have are good ones ....

Thanks for your input

Yes Fisher-Dude I only have 3 posts......Not 16,000 that sure is something to be proud of !
    Im not going to list names but it is surprisingly easy info to get ....people like to talk.
    I think I have been reasonably respectful with what I have posted on this thread,Im allowed to have an opinion same as you are.
    I would like to try and keep this thread to topic.

If u want to start another thread accusing me of being an outfitter or "minion" fly at it man.

I'm pretty thick skinned so make sure your accusations or any insults u have are good ones ....

Thanks for your input
    Bcwf give you a answer yet?
    If you're going to find tracks you better make tracks!

Thanks for the reply,at least you are capable of writing an intelligent response instead of just accusing me of something....
    Is the resident priority goup that is part of BCWF represented at these meetings ?and if so would any law changes or concerns put forward by them be subject to member voting as your claiming about BCWF or is it its own entity?
    thanks

Thanks for trying to answer my questions.
    I sure hope hunters understand that banning predator hunting of any kind and that includes grizzly hunting,regardless of weather it includes hounds or not,sure isn't going to help produce more ungulates for there to be allocation arguments over.

Jackpine I cant answer the "transparency" question without beginning to name people which I don't intend to do.
    It also deserves its own thread as it is way off topic to the original hound question.
    In a nutshell I don't support or trust some political allies the BCWF appears to have made or used since the allocation issue began.This is my own PERSONAL opinion.
    I also believe that the allocation issue will end up causing more harm to hunter opportunities down the road than most people realize,and this will not be the fault of ONLY the GOABC which so many here are so quick to jump on.