Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 8-12 to 8-15 whitetail/elk help!!!

Re: 8-12 to 8-15 whitetail/elk help!!!

Get up back any of the drainage creeks off grandby and you should be into the elk. Look for thick timber with water sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    My bad, I don't think good in miles, but there is a bridge up at the Granby FSR which maybe "28 miles"(not totally sure about the camping). Coincidently another bridge at 28 km......Good campsites at 38 and around 40 ish, but the latter is a little tight for trailers. Campers are good in there, trailers at both 36 and 38.
    So when you leave Grand Forks on either North Fork rd at the OK tire or you take the Granby rd by the Omega restaurant. The first bridge is Hummingbird or TEN MILE where the two roads join and head north. The next bridge you come to is 28 MILE and its the bridge over Burrell creek where it goes from pavement to gravel. Right as you cross the bridge you will see a nice camping spot with lots of room and outhouses on the left. From there if you head down the Granby FSR you will see a large road going off to the right,that is the Burrell Creek FSR. So from that junction about 1km past your camp ground you can hunt both roads...Both roads hold Elk, Deer and Bear...Let me know if you need any more help..
    The Elk will have ben hunted hard by the time you get there but if you get off the road around Burns Lake you may run into one...some mulies there too. Both Granby and Burrell have whitetails all along the road

cheers
    Palmer

Thanks for the info everyone! It is definitely going to help me I have learnt a lot already.

Another spot to have a look for Elk is Bunchgrass FSR..It is about 4 KM before 28Mile bridge, when you are still on the pavement...it goes off to the right when heading towards 28 mile bridge...
    PM If you need anything else...

The Christian Valley can be VERY busy with hunters...uhhh...I should say, ROAD HUNTERS.

Find a likely spot...park your truck and walk ! I almost never run into anyone when I am out of my truck and off the road walking.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

Quote Originally Posted by 300H&H View Post
    The Christian Valley can be VERY busy with hunters...uhhh...I should say, ROAD HUNTERS.

Find a likely spot...park your truck and walk ! I almost never run into anyone when I am out of my truck and off the road walking.
    Ok thanks! I will be doing lots of walking and hopefully have an atv so I should be off the main FSR's most of the time. And Palmer thanks for all of your help, we will be in touch!

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastHunter View Post
    Ok thanks! I will be doing lots of walking and hopefully have an atv so I should be off the main FSR's most of the time. And Palmer thanks for all of your help, we will be in touch!
    YOUR WELCOME...

I would offer to show you around Christina lake but when you are coming I am heading to the Flathead 4-01 for Moose and Goat for a couple of weeks....and its tough without a local tour guide or access to some private property...

You should be able to bump into a whitetail even when it's busy. Sometimes more people = more deer movement = more success for the patient.

Keep in mind the new regs for those MUs - 4 point mule deer only, all season. It won't make more mule deer, but it will make fewer large bucks available.

Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Fisher-Dude is right it did not help last time they tried it....but it did seem to cut down on pressure as many who used to come went to an any buck area. Not the best management plan.

east of the kettle is good timber for whitetail, plenty of game trails, hike through the bush and you will find something, as far as elk I'm not sure in that immidiate area
    PSE,
    29 1/2"
    splittin' arrows