Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Grouse River outfitters goabc sponsor

Re: Grouse River outfitters goabc sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    You may want to rethink that, GR feels they can sit on the fence on this issue. We all have the ability to make choices on what is important to us. GR feels it is in there best interest to continue sponsoring the GOABC as well as local clubs. I am a member of a local club so I am a bit torn, but I still disagree with GR's stance on this. In my opinion, they should support us over the GOABC. We are their bread and butter! Some will disagree with me, but I will not shop at a store that so openly and defiantly supports the GOABC to the level that GR does. That ad you see on the GOABC website is the direct result of $5000 dollar or more donation to the GOABC. Take a look at their donor form that is on their website. Too each their own.

when I made my comment on post # 45 I guess I just assumed when they said that they would support the resident hunter in this issue that they would pull their advertising from goabc. guess I was wrong. kinda hard to believe they are supporting the resident hunter with the allocation issue and still OK with advertising on the goabc website. not something I would do if I owned a small business. and I have... just not hunting related....beginning to wish I hadn't made my post number 45 now knowing they are still running their advertising and have made a 5000 dollar contribution to goabc... that money may have been better spent for them on the resident priority fund....
    Last edited by bigdogeh; 04-23-2015 at 08:04 PM.

Hi,

Please allow me to start by thanking all those who have commented and viewed this thread, as well as all those who continue to contribute to the larger conversation regarding the Wildlife Allocation Policy. This is an issue which is bringing forth a lot of very positive dialogue, and we are grateful for the opportunity to participate in the discussion.

In response to the continued questions regarding our relationship with the GOABC, particularly as pertains to our banner on their website, I would like to offer some further insight. In 2014, we made a substantial donation to the GOABC which provided us with the advertising you continue to see on their website. As this advertising was supported in part by some of our vendor partners we are not the sole beneficiary from it so it remains in place. Grouse River has not provided support to the GOABC over the past year they are simply acting with integrity infulfilling their commitment to this advertising that was “paid in advance”.

On principle, we question the large allocations being requested by GOABC and this has caused us to withhold further support at this time. That noted, as with most things, the polarization and extreme nature of the media tend to work against our larger hunting community. As a proud BC company made up of hunters, we believe the best results for wildlife and habitat can be accomplished through collaboration. Organizations that have a common interest in maximizing the quantity and quality of hunting opportunities in BC – this includes ourselves, the BCWF, and the GOABC, must find a way to come together to achieve the greatest good. We look forward to our continued dialogue with all parties on this issue and believe it is our responsibility, as it is that of every hunter, to uncover the facts and not simply rely on media outlets (or even individual personalities) that profit from a good story.

It should also be noted that our support of the BCWF and other organizations over the past several years, has far exceeded the support given to the GOABC. We have always been and we remain a strong supporter of the BCWF and are pleased to be a Platinum Sponsor at their Annual Meeting, where we are currently in attendance. We remain proud to support the multitude of organizations that advocate for the enhancement and conservation of wildlife and wild places in this province. We also look forward to further educating ourselves on, and engaging in, the dialogue and action surrounding these issues, which are of great importance to all of us.

Our business is built around our customers and to that end I would like to offer my willingness to dialogue with you on this issue or any other aspect of your experience with us. My direct phone number is 250-868-1058 and can also be reached by email GRcares@grouseriver.com

Best regards,
    Justin Paterson – Community Ambassador

Tip of the hat to Grouse River for fully donating a gun werks rifle package to the BCWF convention last weekend. Thanks Guys
    Resident hunter and proud of it!

For sure!

Had the pleasure of having dinner with the GR representative at the awards dinner. I was impressed with what he had to say, and how he came across. I think you have hired the right guy GR.

Quote Originally Posted by bridger View Post
    Tip of the hat to Grouse River for fully donating a gun werks rifle package to the BCWF convention last weekend. Thanks Guys
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Thanks GR for your very generous donation to the Fernie fundraiser.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

This is why I am torn. I know GR does great things for the clubs, a lot of it. For that I am incredibly grateful, I truly am. I commend GR for clarifying their stance here. Thank you.

However, I laughed and almost vomited, when I read the word 'integrity' pertaining to any action made by the current GOABC executive.
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    This is why I am torn. I know GR does great things for the clubs, a lot of it. For that I am incredibly grateful, I truly am. I commend GR for clarifying their stance here. Thank you.

However, I laughed and almost vomited, when I read the word 'integrity' pertaining to any action made by the current GOABC executive.
    I think we should just stop shopping at every sporting good store and outfitter period. As they all sell to guides and outfitters. That will teach them all we mean business.
    I have a PHD is "Campfire BS". An avid hunter fisher man. Love shooting trap as much as shooting the bull. The more BS in my story the greater I am.

Quote Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06 View Post
    I think we should just stop shopping at every sporting good store and outfitter period. As they all sell to guides and outfitters. That will teach them all we mean business.
    why stop there. Grocery, liquor,And gas stations. Omg it's endless.

I'd draw the line at the liquor store. Lol
    Resident hunter and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by ruger#1 View Post
    why stop there. Grocery, liquor,And gas stations. Omg it's endless.
    you are right. Stop buying Fords, Chevs, Dodge and every other car/truck out their. Stop buying Guns and sell all your firearms as well because a guide outfitter may have bought the same one you own.
    I have a PHD is "Campfire BS". An avid hunter fisher man. Love shooting trap as much as shooting the bull. The more BS in my story the greater I am.