Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Conservation officers finding too many hunters driving with loaded guns

Re: Conservation officers finding too many hunters driving with loaded guns

Back in the day a bunch of guys from work decided to go on their annual hunting trip.. One guy had a loaded rifle in the truck.. As they were rushing to get out after seeing an animal one guy shot himself through the foot and floorboard into the front tire.. They had to change the tire before taking him to the hospital.. I alwayd keep that in the back of my mind when i enter a vehicle after hunting..

A loaded firearm in a vehicle is perfectly safe if you know what you are doing. All the COs that are checking for loaded firearms carry loaded firearms in their vehicles for instance.

That said, it's illegal and doesn't really increase your chances of killing an animal, so really no reason to do it.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

if your driving around with a loaded rifle….. your an idiot and deserve to be caught!!! and it doesn't increase your chance of getting a shot off either! i can easily jam clip in and jack a shell in and get a shot off if needed quickly just as fast if already loaded… I'm loading as I'm getting out and i garuntee ill be locked, loaded and squeezing quality shot off same time as anybody who had already loaded rifle.
    Time waits for no one, Hunt Now!

'alarming number of loaded FA'. Bit of spin there maybe? They state there were 5 cases as part of a campaign in reg 3 so I'm thinking they checked a lot of people. Did they check a hundred? 200? Still not cool tho I agree not necessarily from a safety point of view but it is a pretty key law here in BC I'm not sure why a few like to try to cheat it. I agree with Gate there's no real advantage to doing it. Even the dedicated road hunter can pop a magazine in or one or two in a top loader on the way out of the truck awful fast.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

"Loaded" in the sense of the law.....as Gatehouse stated, not dangerous if the operator is paying attention/aware/sober. Cartridge in the pipe, yes, not cool in road hunting conditions.

Do these people need a deer that bad. I always thought hunting was a nice day out in the country and if you got something it was a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    'alarming number of loaded FA'. Bit of spin there maybe? They state there were 5 cases as part of a campaign in reg 3 so I'm thinking they checked a lot of people. Did they check a hundred? 200? Still not cool tho I agree not necessarily from a safety point of view but it is a pretty key law here in BC I'm not sure why a few like to try to cheat it. I agree with Gate there's no real advantage to doing it. Even the dedicated road hunter can pop a magazine in or one or two in a top loader on the way out of the truck awful fast.
    "As part of an impaired driving campaign, RCMP reported that 5 drivers out of 100 stopped were found shit-faced drunk and driving on the wrong side of the freeway."

Yeah, nothing to see here folks, no cause for alarm.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

The thing of it is you need to have the gun loaded so that when you see your prey you can shoot quickly OUT the window.

Quickly shoot OUT the window

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    COs here in R8 told me that they've seen a lot of loaded guns in vehicles too. Seemed like a large increase to them.

They also said they have stopped a pile of dope smokers too. Guns confiscated for 24 hours til ya sober up. Think about it before ya hit the pipe.
    A bad byproduct of the increase of new hunters? I suppose there is a learning curve for the dumb that consider that loaded in a vehicle is "safe".