Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: back to puppies....

back to puppies....

okay how do u keep ur dogs or ur pupies from diggin???
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

2. Site Sponsor

Re: back to puppies....

Either a very harsh verbal scolding or if that doesn't work, some e-collar training. They might dig less if you give them a good work out every day.

i have a blue heeler border coolie cross as a pup she use to dig i tried firm almost yelling did not work what i did it was kind of mean but it seemedto work i cought the dog in yhe act i took her by the caller put her in the hole she just dug and i tossed some dirt on her and i was telling her no the hole time i was holding her in the hole since that day she has never dug

Put their shit in their holes and cover them up. When they go to dig they will get a shitty surprise.
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

Quote Originally Posted by 270WIN
    i have a blue heeler border coolie cross as a pup she use to dig i tried firm almost yelling did not work what i did it was kind of mean but it seemedto work i cought the dog in yhe act i took her by the caller put her in the hole she just dug and i tossed some dirt on her and i was telling her no the hole time i was holding her in the hole since that day she has never dug
    Thats exactly what my dad did to our little mutt when we were kids.Only our dog was so stupid it wouldn't even pull its head out of the hole.My golden retriever used to dig lots when she was a pup but seemed to out grow that phase.
    I'm just here to provide moral support......Hey nice (insert animal here)congrats.

In memory of you dad..."you always leave a campsite cleaner then when you found it"

There's only one thing in life that constitutes insanity..... continuing to do the same thing you have been doing but expecting different results.

I have 2 Samoyeds right now. 6mths and 1 yr. These 2 are sisters and you want to see trouble makers !

Guaranteed... If you catch them in the act scold them... Take their poop and put in in the hole. It doesn't take long and they won't dig. Mine just play fight all the time now. They have sensitive smell and they won't dig when they smell their own shit.

If your dog is in a dirt pen you can try cutting out some stucco wire, place flat on the ground and covering it with a skim of gravel.

go0 to dollar store and get cheep mouse traps. put in holes . they sting but dont hurt. i've tried them. advise from professional dog trainer. when other means fail

You're dog is digging because he's bored and frustrated. Spend more time with him and give him LOTS of exercise. The other methods here may deter him but aren't addressing the core behavioural issue you are dealing with. There are lots of good dog behaviour books out there, and I really recommend you read one so that you can get out of the puppy stage with a good dog instead of a big problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

I agree.......... diversion tactics are in order. Exercise curbs the boredom.