Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nano's thanksgiving!

Nano's thanksgiving!

Some background before I get to the good part. I joined this site back in September of 2010 to learn how to hunt big game. I had asked a lot of questions and from the help of many members on this site I bought my first deer tags. 4 years later I have this to look back on. So to all of you that have help me by sending me pm's and replying to my threads thank-you!

The story

I had spent all summer and the month of September learning about deer behavior and spending many days out scouting and preparing for our annual thanksgiving hunting trip. That Friday night I went to sleep knowing that I was ready, I had learned lots and new that I had all the tools ready, I just needed some luck.

Saturday mourning rolled around and it found me hiking into a cut block that I have seen deer before. there was lots of fresh tracks, but it seamed like I was always two steps behind them. so I stopped regrouped and came up with a game plan with the rest of the family.

My plan was to drive up a side road that goes next to the cut block and see if I could cut them off.
    Last edited by Jelvis; Yesterday at 10:24 PM. Reason: ATTENTION: YOUR HONEY HOLE has been JEL ZEROED

" A boss is like a diaper, always on your ass and full of shit!"

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Nano's thanksgiving!

glad to see you realized the biggest factor, some luck. cant wait to hear the rest and maybe see a pic.

So we set off half way up the road I see a doe, I think to myself good this is working. Then as we round the last turn I see a group of does or so I think so out come the binos. First one no horns, second one nothing, last one has a branch on his head,oh shit no that's spikes. pass the binos to my younger brother because I am in shock and my brother said all good so out I go. I put one shell in gramps old .270 and get ready. I give it one more look and then place the shot.25 yards Bang into the lungs, the buck goes no more that 10 yards and falls right there.

At this point I cant believe that I just got my first buck!

The field dressing went very smooth and am looking forward to the first roast.

Thanks again to all that have helped me get to this and best of luck this year!
    Last edited by Jelvis; Yesterday at 10:24 PM. Reason: ATTENTION: YOUR HONEY HOLE has been JEL ZEROED

very cool. congrats on your first. and an easy one at that.

Congrats! Good eats coming up!

Congrats and with gramps 270, cool

Way to go on your first deer!
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Nice story and nice pic. Dam hockey has ruined my boys and I hunting this year

Whats the jelzero crap all about
    Kamloops cabins for rent!
    www.bclakefronts.com

Check out some amazing pictures on my Facebook of trophy fish and game:
    www.facebook.com/bclakefronts
    What about YOUTUBE, Check my video on how to make a Euro mount:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CanadianCade

Wow, beauty Buck Nano, that'll be some very fine eating! Good on you, they'll come easier from here on in. K