Do you want to help support HBC? You can contribute through e-transfer to marc@huntingbc.ca or via PayPal

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: grizzly man

grizzly man

Has anyone seen this movie (doc). This guy was WACKO, at least he left us with some cool video. Your thoughts.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: grizzly man

WACKO is right, a little on the fruity side but all in all bigger B#$#S than I would ever have. Some spectacular footage but if you play with fire long enough you'll get burned!! Too bad his girlfriend had to get involved in the end.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

I heard the fella fried his brain on some thing and just coudn't fit in with the human society. Therefore choosing to live with brown bears. He did it for how many seasons? Then all of a sudden the end, him and his girl buddy ripped apart and eaten alive, I say let the bears be bears, and let them live in their own enviroment. on their own, and only allow so many to be harvested by hunters with proper size rifle calibres, to prevent just wounding the huge carnivore, I mean, what calibre would you need to anchor one of those hairy beasts? I read where a bears heart beats so slow you could rip it's heart out, and it can still cover half a foot ball field. I'd rather face a sasquatch. Jelly Roll

He was a few trees short of a forest if you ask me!

Timothy Treadwell was his name, doing dope isn New York was his fame. Moved to California and rid himself of the drug dependency. That made him think his was invincible, so he went and started "flirting' with the Brown Bears of Alaska. Got away with it a few times which made him think he was gifted and that bears really like us. What a fool, too bad his girlfriend had to get sucked into the charade. My understanding is that her parents have initiated a lawsuit against Treadwell's Foundation.

watched er last night

I think it was the pilot who flew him into the area, who said he believed the bears left him alone because they thought he was crazy. Eventually, he found one that didn't care and ate him anyway.

Makes sense to me.

Ya I watched it last night
    The guy did this for thirteen years!!
    He did seem like a bit of a wack job, the pilot friend of his did say he thought the bears left the guy alone cause they thought he as nuts.

Those Kodiaks are eating machines and to go there during the late summer and into the fall when all they wanna do is eat, no wonder he got eaten.
    Promoting the sport of Archery and Bowhunting
    NCCP and IBEF Certification

Custom Knives and Game Calls

Quote....."Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid"........John Wayne
    Quote....."It is far better to be alone than in bad company"........ George Washington

A real nut bar, shame thy both got eaten, but you play with fire...

This guy was a complete nut job!

He got what was coming if you ask me. These are killing machines at the top of the food chain. I am suprised he got away with it for as long as he did.

The movie made for some pretty spectacular footage. I especially enjoyed the fight scene.