Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firearms and Wildfires

Re: Firearms and Wildfires

I don’t have time to watch the whole YouTube episode. Maybe I can figure how to listen to a podcast on my way to work, but I have t done That before.

So… do t shoot steel plates in the woods if there’s high potential for forest fire? If the sign says “low risk” than we should be good? Is there any indication of hanging a target higher in the trees and further from the ground? What about bullets hitting trees? What are the bullet points?Im getting setup to hang some plates right now so this would be helpful
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Laying dry grass and shooting the 338WM, might not be the best thing to do. That N560 powder gives off a pretty good sized ball.

I've had to fight a fire in campsite from someone being slow to light his little propane BBQ.

Let's pray for rain.

In the West Kootenays the range I go to was kept open for the duration of the fire season. (There may have been some small closures, I can't remember now.)

The rule of thumb they had was to hang out for half an hour after your last shot to make sure you didn't unintentionally start any fires. Seems reasonable to me and is similar protocol to how welders work surrounded by sawdust in mills. (That's gotta be higher risk)

Wildfires…started by the liberal government, just research, Trudeau says they will stop once gas is done… out of his mouth
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

https://industrialmetalservice.com/m...-make-a-spark/

So, what metals don’t spark? The common list given is nonferrous metals like copper – this is one of copper’s many unique uses in industry – aluminum, silver, and lead, along with alloys of copper like brass, bronze, and cupronickel alloys like Monel. This list of spark-resistant metals includes metals that don’t spark due to their thermal conductivity, shedding energy inputs quickly and keeping them below the threshold for combustion like copper, aluminum, and silver.