Thread: Botanie Mountain

Botanie Mountain

So I typically hunt Princeton and up near 100 mile but I figured I'd do something different this year. I seen some posts about Botanie and figured why not check it out. I heard the hike up to the alpine in that area is rough and I'll likely be heading up to scout out the area in July but I figured I'd reach out on here first.

How is the terrain up in that area? I'd like to head up there sept 1 for the start of bow season. Any hiking tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Botanie Mountain

Not much alpine up there and you can drive to the top as there is a radio tower there. Or you could before the road restrictions. If you are going for mule deer I would look at different spots. In 20 years of sheeep hunting in the area seen maybe 10 mule deer.

north of there, there is good alpine where you could back pack in.
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

It’s not a well populated deer area. Only seen a few deer over the years. There are more deer late season but then access gets bad with the restrictions
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

Thanks for the replies and useful information guys, I'll have to spend more time e-scouting before making a trip up there.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

As Brew and BHB mention it’s not known as a Mule Deer Mecca, more so by Lillooet and North of there seems to be better, basically just north of Spence’s bridge seems to be the start of better MD hunting.
    7-6.5 PRCW the best cartridge since the 280 Ackley 👍