Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2024 leh

Re: 2024 leh

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSixPack View Post
    From what I gleaned from the proposal's, there will be no changes or restrictions made to guide outfitters quota for moose and caribou in the north skeena. This is an absolutely horrible example of resident hunters getting screwed over for absolutely no reason whatsoever, no science, just the locals FN wanting residents out of there area.

Annual harvests of caribou (primarily 5pt bull only, except a handful of LEH areas for any bull) by residents has been under 110 animals annually for over a decade. The least harvested big game animal in BC. Good thing its LEH only now... and with the results likely coming out in July, if you do draw, you now have a couple weeks to try and line up a flight, let alone all the other aspects of your hunt, if you want to go in august. Just terrible
    Where in the proposal did it say there will be no changes or restrictions made to outfitters quota?

Looks like Region 6 now has some LEH Moose along the 37 and Telegraph Cr Rd.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSixPack View Post
    From what I gleaned from the proposal's, there will be no changes or restrictions made to guide outfitters quota for moose and caribou in the north skeena. This is an absolutely horrible example of resident hunters getting screwed over for absolutely no reason whatsoever, no science, just the locals FN wanting residents out of there area.

Annual harvests of caribou (primarily 5pt bull only, except a handful of LEH areas for any bull) by residents has been under 110 animals annually for over a decade. The least harvested big game animal in BC. Good thing its LEH only now... and with the results likely coming out in July, if you do draw, you now have a couple weeks to try and line up a flight, let alone all the other aspects of your hunt, if you want to go in august. Just terrible
    From what i heard the outfitter got screwed too, moose clients booked and now not enough tags....government don't care.
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Seems like way less mule deer options too.

I also don’t see the region 9 woodchuck draw anymore?
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Looks like the region 5 anterless whitetail draw is gone as well.

Quote Originally Posted by last light View Post
    Maybe a regular open season on does like the rest of the south??
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Quote Originally Posted by bighornbob View Post
    Maybe a regular open season on does like the rest of the south??
    Possibly, I was wondering the exact same thing. We shall see when the new synopsis comes out

2024 regs are out. Was 2023/2024 regs. Unless they are changing them which wouldn’t surprise me. I hope everyone here votes conservative in Oct and get the NDP and Eby out of government

Hunting regulations expire June 30, 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by last light View Post
    Here’s a link to the accepted and rejected LEH changes. Reg 5 shows increased opportunity for WT rather than LEH. No specific details though.
    https://news.gov.bc.ca/files/2024_LEH_Changes.pdf
    Last edited by mod7rem; 05-18-2024 at 06:37 PM.