Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ever called in a wolf?

Re: Ever called in a wolf?

My son Bib Buck 155 and I were having a great hunt. We had an elk and a moose hanging in camp and were heading up above treeline for caribou on our last day of the hunt. We spotted this while we were just below treeline

A whole herd o wolves on the skyline. I told my son we would set up and try to call them in. We got into a sitting position and layed out spare ammo next to us. I gave a challenge bark. We counted 18 wolves running down the mountain towards us!

They were about 1km away from us and disappeared into the trees down the mountain. It was only minutes before we spotted wolves running through the tall willows about 400m away. They were almost downwind so I told big buck to get ready and let out a bark. His 243 went off when they stopped followed by my 325. Wolves exploded everywhere and they were hard to see running in the tall willows. We each got 4-6 shots off in every direction. My son knocked down 2 and I managed 1. If the country had of been more open we would of had a better chance at more.

Swampthing, I love it, great adventure. Your boy is lucky to have a mentor like you!! Congratulations!

And way to go bib buck 155, showing up Dad!

Nothin cooler then father/son tag team'n a pack of wolves! Well done fellas!!

When the shootin was done, my son looked at me and said that was the most exciting thing he had ever done in his life. Later that night in camp, he said it was scary having 18 wolves running down the mountain towards you. I told him not to worry as we had the guns!! I was a blast! Glad I got to share it with my boy.

Very cool pics/experience this is what I want to get my boy doing with me...
    Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...

We were calling moose and had 5 wolves come in at a dead run... at first we could hear them in the distance yapping and howling at each call as they gathered and got organized... then no sound at all...
    . . . . .If I don't respond to your postings, maybe it is because you are on my "IGNORE" list
    . . . . . . . . . . . . I don't see the garbage you write. It's a wonderful tool
    ................................................81 years old and 7 vaccinations now - never been healthier

Awesome pics!!!! Love it!! Great storey swampthing & big buck!!! Well done! Only wolf I got I called in with a howl!! Got him this sept!! Still trying to figure how to post a pic