Well after being away from fishing for quite a few years I am planning on getting back at it this year. I am not looking to spend my days hauling in samll rainbow all day, but would rather put the time in and go after big char or possibly rainbows. I don't mind spending an entire week-end for 1 or 2 good fish. I know some of the bigger lakes like Francois, Quesnel Lake etc hold great char and rainbow, but i don't feel I am really set-up to tackle those bigger lakes. I have a 16 ft misty river and will most likely end up with around a 10 horse trolling motor so I am looking for some small - medium sized lakes that hold big char or rainbow that I haven't fished before. Within 5 or 6 hours of Quesnel would be ideal but I would travel further if the fishing was worth it. I have been curious about some of the lakes back behind Francois that you have to ferry across the lake to get to...I think Uncha and Binta are 2 of them....anyone fished back in there??
Also it seems to me there are a ton of lakes out the Kluskus out of Vanderhoof....anything interesting out that way?

Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks
Chris