Ok so this is coming from a total alpine hunting virgin point of view. When I was younger I did a bit of alpine hiking/ fishing etc. but no real hunting as of yet. All of the sheep, goat, mulie and alpine picture threads have really got me interested lately though.

I was thinking of starting out sort of locally and maybe trying a high country Mule Deer hunt this fall, maybe in the Limestones above Clinton or Lillooet country. Start close to home and get a feel for things.

What I was looking for is some help from the high country experts we have here on a gear list. Recommendations on pretty well everything from packs to tents to cook stoves, clothing, and gear. What is in your packs what works and what should a Noob stay away from? Normally I dive into something and buy a bunch of stuff I figure I will need and usually wind up with a bunch of crap I don't need or stuff that doesn't work, so this time I figured I'd ask around a little first, any direction or help is appreciated. I am currently working every waking hour that I can get because after late March I have no idea where the $$ is gonna come from, so I don't have a bunch of time to be visiting various stores and websites serching for gear. Thanks for any help you can lend.

Rob.