Thread: pheasants

Threaded View

pheasants

I am new to this site so hello. Just a quick note to all the serious upland bird hunters out there.
    Got back from N.Dakota yesterday and was running/training pointers their and had no trouble putting up 200 plus wild pheasants in a morning with the dogs. Most of them in CRP lands and private grain fields. However there is public hunting lands there called PLOTS and good success can be had there also. For those that are serious about pheasants spend some money on gas and see for your self.
    I lived in the Kamloops/Clinton/Revelstoke area in the Great province B.C. and did serious bird hunting in B.C. for years (15) and then moved back to Alberta 15 years ago because of the lack of good bird hunting in BC. I have hunted in the past for Pheasants in the Vernon area and south to the US border, Chukars around Kamloops lake and Ascroft and yes around the Frazer river south of the Gang Ranch as well as Quail around Penticton. There was a few good days in 15 years but most were out and out poor.

For those inclined the birds in AB. look good again but for my money Montana/N.Dakota can't be beat with its BML/PLOTS program for public hunting and that is where I have been going for now almost 10 years. If the big guy on the left from Victoria can hit a few birds anyone can.......puphood1
    Last edited by puphood1; 08-18-2008 at 07:21 AM.

2. Site Sponsor