My name is Mick McKee and on September 24, 2016, I was on my way to go moose hunting at the Klappan River, near Dease lake in Northern B.C., when I ran into an illegal road block on the Ealue lake road, manned by natives of the Tahltan Nation. I tried to negotiate my way thru the road block with no success. I then began dismantling the road block and used my chain saw to buck up the logs blocking the road. I then tried to drive around the road block , towing my 20' trailer and one of the natives moved in front of my truck, trying further to stop me. I continued to drive very slowly giving him time to move out of the way, and then I was able to continue on my way to the Klappan River. On October 4, 2016, the honourable Mr. Justice Macintosh issued an injunction and ordered the Police to remove the road block, citing the persons manning the road block were committing acts of Mischief and intimidation. No one manning the illegal road block has been charged with any offenses.

I have since been charged with "assault with a weapon " and "uttering threats to burn". I have to appear in Terrace Provincial court on March 7, 2017 to fix a date for trial. I expect the trial to go ahead in August 2017. I believe this case can have far reaching effects on resident B.C. hunters in the future and I am asking for help to fund my defense against what I view is a politically motivated prosecution.

I initially tried to set up a "go fund me" account, however it was shut down shortly after it went operational as "Gofundme" cannot be involved in raising money associated to criminal activities.
If you can donate to my defense, please forward an e=transfer to my email, hd09hogrider@gmail.com. I also have a web page at kermodeinvestigations.ca

Mick McKee
250-641-5809

Here is a link of the video showing the confrontation. https://www.facebook.com/klabonakeepers/videos/1301072163244836/