Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions please!!!

Suggestions please!!!

Well it looks like Swamper, Amphib and myself may be headed out for a 10 day jaunt soon. No particular destination in mind, probably gonna head south from Quesnel and hit a couple spots around Clinton for muleys, maybe try Vernon/Lumby/Cherryville area for whiteys for a couple days. Just looking for some suggestions for any other area's/hunting opportunities to have a look at (not looking for anyone's honeyholes). Could be anything from moose to pheasants, would also consider heading north from Quesnel, like I said we have no particular destinations in mind....gonna just go and camp in different areas for a few days each wherever we feel like it! Should be a blast if it all comes together.
    So whattya say boys....any suggestions??

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

2. Site Sponsor

I am told that in around the Falkland area is not to bad for mulies as well. Good luck.
    It is easier to get forgivness than it is permission.

It has been pointed out to us that the proper number to consider in the event of violent aggression is "911"- if you are of the rabbit people. Others will do better to place their faith in the number "1911".

Well if you're looking for mulies and you considered going further south of Vernon I could pass on a few ol haunts. Also I know an area in 3-29 where I started my deer hunting that could provide mulies, moose and you might even run into some sheep for pics.

u can always come hunt around this area...even if u dont stop and hunt we should meet up for a beer...
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

deer and elk are open on the Queen Charlotte islands :P

Yep - go hunt the Queen Charlotte Islands ..... I vote you bunch put all your efforts on the Queen Charlottes for hunting deer and elk

While QCI is certainly on my list of things to do some day, by all accounts the ferry ride with a truck and trailer will be outrageously expensive. Anyone with any knowledge of ferry rates, feel free to throw out a ballpark figure for a truck, 16 foot travel trailer, and 3 guys??.

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

expensive!!!
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

bone-collector Guest
    Chris the qci trip is one we need to do with about 7 or 8 guys in febuary when rates are down and its any deer buck or doe , I beleive its 175 just for my truck 1 way right now and thats a F350 4 door 4x4 over 6 feet high .

the more guys you get the better , cuts down costs quite a bit we learned last time we played there

I looked up the QCI ferry rates for you.
    Low season September 17-June 5.
    $20.50/person
    $76.50/vehicle up to 6'8" high and 20' long with an extra $3.85/foot more total vehicle or combination length. ALL FARES ARE ONE WAY.
    I hope this helps....Steve.