Thread: leupold rifleman scope

leupold rifleman scope

hi i am considering buying the rifleman scope as a secondary for my hunting trips/son and i was wondering if it is manageable for a newer hunter(my son) or should i buy something else?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: leupold rifleman scope

its a good scope, not as good as the VXII, but good for the price they sell for. you get a lifetime warranty with speedy results too.

close optics-wise as the older Vari X II scopes
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by smeegle
    hi i am considering buying the rifleman scope as a secondary for my hunting trips/son and i was wondering if it is manageable for a newer hunter(my son) or should i buy something else?
    Not too many dis-satisfied Leupold customers out there, if you buy one, you probably won't be dissapointed.

But if it's just for a backup gun, I'd save the big bucks and buy one of the little $50 Bushnell Sportsman 3-9x32mm's. I've got three of these that I've had for a few years now, and beat on pretty hard (they're all three dented and scratched now, one's even on my high powered spring air rifle, which is supposed to eat scopes, and it has yet to loose zero or shoot a wild round). Not the clearest glass you'll ever see, but plenty adequate for sighting purposes.
    "...the truth will make you free." John 8:32

ive got one, Its a fantastic scope. I compared it side by side to the vx1 and vx2 and couldn't justify paying the extra money. Its the best scope in my opinion for the money. I paid 250.

The VX1 is more like the older vari-x II, which is a decent scope. The rifleman is the new economy version, Leupolds attempt to catch a bit of the cheepo market, akin to bushnell banners and Tasco Pronghorns etc. Granted they do come with the famous Leupold Warranty.

I have the 3-9x40mm model and I also paid $249.99 at my local store, for the money this is an awesome scope and the lifetime warrenty an luepolds service record in canada is just icing on the cake.

sure you can buy other brand names, but frankly thier service sucks in canada and good luck having an easy time of replacing them.

buy leupold and rest assured your getting your moneys worth and more.
    Can't Sleep, CLOWNS will Eat Me....
    I am not Anti-American, I am Pro-Canadian !
    HBC's ORIGINAL FAT B*STARD ! (some people are built to handle recoil)

i have a vari x lll optics are the one thing you shouldn't cheap out on i would rather a cheap rifle than a cheap scope where you would really notice the diffrence is in low light situations so in my opinion buyt the best optics you can afford you won't regret it

Quote Originally Posted by steel_ram
    The VX1 is more like the older vari-x II, which is a decent scope. The rifleman is the new economy version, Leupolds attempt to catch a bit of the cheepo market, akin to bushnell banners and Tasco Pronghorns etc. Granted they do come with the famous Leupold Warranty.
    The rifleman is basically a VXI, but marketed more towards the Walmart crowd
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

I have had a 3x9 leupold scope now for 34 years ,never had a problem with it. hunter 1947.