Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help I need a new Butcher.

Help I need a new Butcher.

Well after picking up my venison today from the butcher I've been using for quite a while and the guy turning into a "COMPLETE ASSHOLE" it's time too find a new butcher. I'm in North Langley, so any hints from you guys would be great. I WAS going to SUMAS, so distance isn't as important as quality. Thanks steeleco
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

2. Site Sponsor

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson
    Do it yourself. It is honestly not that hard and can be a fun way to hang with your hunting buddies and relive the hunt.
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!

I have done a couple of bears. But they are simpler than dear, I have a set up in my works shop but still have this fear of screwing it up. The other thing, is getting rid of the scraps, living in the city it's a little harder to do. I'm sure cutting my own will happen sooner than later.

BCHunter Guest
    Saunders Meats in Langley

Cutting meat

Yes it's not that hard to yourself. Just think of it as another beer drinking job.
    Stay between the ditches/I like my TRUCK
    Once you hit 50 you don't have to justify anything you want to buy!!

You must have went Ennis farms. I had a terrible experience with them. I now go to penguin meats in White Rock and have great success.
    I have heard saunders is good as well. Good luck.

BCHunter Guest
    Ennis is another bad place....

Scraps

We get our meat cut at Lake Cowichan and our butcher tells us that they are no longer allowed to dispose of the scraps-something to do with the mad cow scare.We have to dispose of our own.
    grizz

I used Ennis meats ONCE, cause the other guy was swammped. Never again. Here too Grizz, butchers are having trouble getting rid of the scraps. The OLD guy rented a dumpster and did it that way. Now I'm headed to Saunders meats the minute I have a reason. SOOOOOON

Doing it yourself is not as hard as most people think. There are some good videos out there. The one I used was called Get Cutting and Cooking 1 & 2. One video deals with the hind quarter and the other deals with the front. The first time I did it I hooked up a small TV and a VCR and just followed along. I can now do a deer in an hour and a moose in 3 1/2 hours. All boned out so no bone sour.