Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ATV help

ATV help

Ok, im really really wanting a ATV. I need some help as it will be mine and my dads first ATV. We are looking at three different makes/models/prince range.

First off- the cheapest. Is the 250cc from Canadian Tire.
    I picked this ATV because it will be our first, and also wont break the bank, plus I gt 10% off of it . It is a 2x4 ATV. Take a look h ttp://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/product_detail.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=140847439 6672995&bmUID=1166591082079&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=84 5524443289563&assortment=primary&fromSearch=true

Second is the Yamaha Kodiak 450. I picked this ATV as my second option because it does have more power than the CDN Tire one, it costs more, and should last long than the CDN Tire one.

Third is the Can-Am/Bombardier Outlander MAX 500 H.O. XT. This ATV comes with a winch, handguards, beter tires, bumber, etc...everything loaded for a hunting ATV. It costs almost double than the Yamaha, but should last long.

We are looking for a ATV that would be used for hunting/dragging game out of the bush, and for general recreational riding (mainly me ). Money is a issue here, kinda why I picked three. What are your guys's opinons on these three? Which would have the best "bang for the bucK" and which one would have the best re-sale value if we had to sell?
    Me and dad are new to the ATV world and would like some help.

*Note. If we do decide on the CDN Tire we would be probly getting two. The Can-Am is a 2 up/two seater. If we decided on the Yamaha, it would be just one.
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. Site Sponsor

Re: ATV help

Get the Can-Am you won't be sorry.

Get th canadian tire special, this way you will learn how to fix them, you will get in to better shape pushing the damn thing, and learn phone skills trying to find parts for it. Look to see who carries parts for Yahama or Can Am in your area. Aint no fun if it's broke and can't get parts
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

I hear ya Paintballer... I want a truck and ATV almost as much as a 15 year old boy wants an 18 year old girl!! I have decided that the 4x4 ATV is the only way to go for a full service hunting work horse. You can always buy a good winch for what ever model you decide to get. What about used machines... get a two year old top-o-the-line for the same price as a mid-level new one?
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

go with the yamaha
    Promoting the sport of Archery and Bowhunting
    NCCP and IBEF Certification

Custom Knives and Game Calls

Quote....."Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid"........John Wayne
    Quote....."It is far better to be alone than in bad company"........ George Washington

this way you will learn how to fix them, you will get in to better shape pushing the damn thing, and learn phone skills trying to find parts for it.
    LOL... okay that was funny... LCP I am not a ATV expert and won't claim to be but I know one thing... you're going to get what you pay for!

Happy Hunting!
    Carl

The Can-Am is the best choice of those three. Can-Ams are now the best selling ATVs in Canada. Besides that, it has independent rear suspension which is the real deal, and has the accessories that will make it a good hunting machine right outta the box. Japanese parts are expensive...Chinese parts are crap.

Buy the right machine once. In the long run it's much cheaper than buying the wrong one many times.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

http://www.can-am.brp.com/en-CA/ check them out they are a little high to lift a deer onto, but they are a good machine and are built in CANADA. lots of power. if i had the money it would be the 650HO fuel injected model.

Parts for Can-Am and Yamaha would be easy to find as there is a dealership for Can-Am in Nanaimo and Yamaha in Duncan.

Ive been to all the company sites...lol...kinda getting to know them....
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

somebody please post a link that showes they are manufactured in Canada. I can't seem to find it? (Can Am)
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless