Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cabela's In Canada

Cabela's In Canada

As if the news about W/Sports in Kamloops wasn't enough, Cabelas plans to open a store in Montreal in late 07 or early 08. Does this mean that we will finally be able to get all of the online goods from a Canadian site without all of the hassles? (ie customs and duty?) Will be interesting to see if the same goods are available. For those that live in the Loops, the W/Sports site has a link to employment opportunities at the new store with employee discount! Might have to check out real estate in Kamloops.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Cabela's In Canada

Yes......and yes.

Bow Walker Guest

There is a Bass Pro Shop in Vaughn Ontario - been there for awhile.

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...=94&storeID=11

Check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by BowWalker
    There is a Bass Pro Shop in Vaughn Ontario - been there for awhile.

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...=94&storeID=11

Check it out.
    Thanks- Wasn't aware of that store. Checked it out and the online prices are in US funds and it appears, although I don't know for sure, that the items are shipped from the US. I'm hoping that when Cabelas opens, the items are shipped from the Canadian location. Time will tell.

Bow Walker Guest

When I click on the link I get the US site. I go to the top where it says STORE LOCATION and click on that - from the drop down menu I click on the Ontario location (usually takes twice to get there).

Email the store manager (Dave Jessop) and ask if the prices quoted are US or Canadian. I am assuming Cdn, but you never know.

I have found that SIR mail order in Winnipeg is as good as Cabelos, Canadian also. Just got back last week, the store is the size of a Costco with everything from a fishing weight to dog sleds. When I was there I was told three blocks down the road there was another huge store called Outdoor Outfitters,on par with Bass Pro, comparible to SIR but a little more high end being newer. Imagine two stores that close and yet Vancouver cannot support one?

It would be nice to have a great retailer like cabelas in Canada, but why did they go out east ( is there more of a hunting population there?) , I guess I just assumed that because of all the firearm licencing crap that started out there ( Fricken libs), that ahunters would be really frowned upon. They should have got it opened in Van.
    It'd look better on "my" wall!!

Quote Originally Posted by elkguide
    It would be nice to have a great retailer like cabelas in Canada, but why did they go out east ( is there more of a hunting population there?) , I guess I just assumed that because of all the firearm licencing crap that started out there ( Fricken libs), that ahunters would be really frowned upon. They should have got it opened in Van.
    Probably because it is closer to half the population(Ont and Que) than the ROC. Don't forget that TO is the centre of the universe. Still don't know if the mail order will be within Canada or out of the States. If it's out of the US then the main shipping point will be in the East and closer to Montreal.

Bet you a box of dud shells mail order will be out of USA!

Was in Cabela's in Post Falls Idaho today. My god what a store. It's one of their class 2 ( second biggest) stores. You could easily spend most of a day in there. Guy on door said they own land in Kelowna and Vancouver and they want to open a store in BC some time. Lets hope it happens one day.