Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: duck blasting sunday..

duck blasting sunday..

Well headed er up to my favorete body of water in the fraser vally for some duck blasting sunday. we dident have much of anything for a blind (exept the cover of laying down in the grass) . still me and my buddy ended up with 12 mallards and it was a good day despite our blind issues. had we had a sufficent blind this would have easely been our first limit day.
    I am a member of..
    People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

2. Site Sponsor

Re: duck blasting sunday..

I am a member of..
    People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

Looks like you guys had a good shoot. A decent blind is always an asset but this year I've been just dropping down behind whatever cover is available. Just stay as still as possible until the shot.
    What call do you use? Do you hunt over a dog or just rely on the "6 foot" retriever (that's what my buddy calls me whenever I have to pick birds up by hand ).
    Thanks for adding the pics,
    Dano
    Buddi doing what she does best!

We use a primos nag and a primos phat lady. And the human retrever as we like to call it was hard at work.
    I am a member of..
    People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

I use a "Yentzen Caller" double Reed call. It's probably 30 years old now but still brings 'em in (as recent as 6 hrs ago!). I have a Primo's Wench that Ian gave me which I use if birds don't respond to my call (higher pitch than the Yentzen). I still don't have the Primos figured out though, blow too hard a lot of the time....
    The reason I asked is Dave had a nice sounding call toniht and we traded off calling and it worked well. If only his call were on sale for 50% off (they're $100).
    Dan
    Buddi doing what she does best!

Well done guys!
    ...........you know of any good videos or books er somethin on duck callin, don't really have anyone to learn from. Doin allright as i have called in a few but definately needs work.

when it comes to duck callin its as simple as get out there and do it, the more you do it the better you get and you also learn how much to call too. personaly im a rookey at calling and scar alot of ducks away with over calling, but each trip out i end up calling more in so i must be improving.
    I am a member of..
    People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

Yah......figured out today sometimes don't bother callin at all they sometimes come in on their own.

ya for these ducks i ended up only calling a couple back but other than that most of them just came in in line with the roboducks ,not much calling needed.
    I am a member of..
    People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

Ah yes the robo duck strikes again!
    If i don't get one fer christmas i'm gettin one myself right after.