Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headlamp recommendations

Headlamp recommendations

I am in the market for a new headlamp and wonder if there are any recommendations. I am thinking that staying away from a rechargeable would be best as out in camp they are useless. My old LED lamp was just not bright enough, although I hear some of the newere LEDs are good.
    What do you guys use?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Headlamp recommendations

Tikka Petzel II with 4 light settings, the batteries last for a long time.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

get the cheap power fist ones from princess auto, they are particularly bright in comparison to my much more expensive headlamp and they will last forever. you can also switch them over to incondecent light if you realy need to see well.
    I am a member of..
    People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

I agree with Deerwacker I have used one of the Power Fists from Princess Auto for 2 years now and it works better than my $50 one. I was there yesterday and they are on sale for about $7 so I bought a couple more for spares.

Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

tons of brands out there, as one who seems to spend way to much time hiking in the dark I would make sure to go with white/yellow light vs the blue light, tried both and brighter is better by far, petzl has worked for me but it is not the only answer, long lasting batterys is important , I have heard that the square D batterys will be discontinued so you may want to stay away from those type of models

Quote Originally Posted by huntcoop

Yeah, that is waht I meant by Tikka II..Tika Plus.

It's VERY light (so light that I carry 2 sometimes) and the high beam is goood for anything other than actual spotlight type searching wiht a light.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

thanks guys,
    I will ask santa for a Tikka plus , and for $7 will probably try a power fist as well. I have no idea where princess auto is but I am sure they are in the book.
    I appreciate the help.

Try a Princeton tec EOS ,on the high mode it is good for a hundred yards ,battery last forever and is light weight. my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by dime
    thanks guys,
    I will ask santa for a Tikka plus , and for $7 will probably try a power fist as well. I have no idea where princess auto is but I am sure they are in the book.
    I appreciate the help.

Hey Dime
    If you have never been to Princess put aside at least 3 hours. It's the only store i have ever seen where guys shop as long as gals.
    Your nearest store is just off lougheed in coquitlam.