Thread: Snow, Wind...DUCKS!!!!

Thumbs up Snow, Wind...DUCKS!!!!

Hey everybody. My first post here. Headed out today with Deer Whacker for some ducks in the Fraser Valley. We tried out our new robo-ducks today with more decoys and had a pretty good day. Was the windiest I have ever been hunting in. Heres a couple pics as the snow blizzard came through and happy hunting.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Snow, Wind...DUCKS!!!!

Notice the robo duck without the wings.way too windy for robo ducks ,the wings kept flyin off. anyway twas a good day (woulda been better if we could hit something).
    I am a member of..
    People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

You are braver than I am....nice haul.....I would love to go out and shoot something, but the roads are horrid around here...well, not so much the roads but the drivers....

I have always wanted to go for ducks and geese, but never have...where would be a good spot for around here?...I dont have a boat, so hopefully something where I could stay dry....er.....
    ...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...

Quote Originally Posted by NoahDawg
    ...I dont have a boat, so hopefully something where I could stay dry....er.....
    Shooting ducks and staying dry ...........I wonder what that would be like
    Pull the trigger all the way back.

It's not duck hunting unless you get water in your wadders. Reminds me of duck and goose hunting on the mud flats back east.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Nice haul boys!
    I definately shoulda gone out yesterday.
    Hey NoahDawg.......check out the punts at the marina on river road in delta.....i bought one a couple years ago paid...i think 8 or 9 hundred bucks. They come olive drab already then i added my own touches. Works real well, also a great flyfishing boat if yer into that. Only thing about a punt is they don't do so great when the weather stirs up the water, with the flat bottom and all. But fer the money its a good deal even if it last yah 5 years er so. The metal on em isn't so thick either so i rubber coated both sides of the bottom. Christmas is comin yah know....hehe

Thanks Craigchaplin...I will do that...I have waders for fishing and a belly boat...would that work?......I already know what the wife is getting me, so I think that I will be picking up this one on my own..lol.....
    Last edited by The Dawg; 11-27-2006 at 12:47 PM.
    ...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

NoahDawg......yeah those waders will work fine with a pair of boots. I used my fishin waders fer years.....finally bought some heavyduty ones just this season. Went to toronto to visit some freinds and went to the bass pro shop there.....its like a hunting fishing camping anything outdoors store the size of costco. Was an expensive trip, when i left the store my visa was SMOKIN. hehe my wifey was pissed.

Perfect, I will give the waders a try...now where is a good area around here ?....(without giving up your hotspots)

I am lucky with my wife, she would only complain if I bought hunting/fishing toys and didnt include her in the trip to use them