Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Found your Trail Cam - Red Creek

Found your Trail Cam - Red Creek

I was up in the Red Creek area pre-scouting for moose in one of my favorite little hideaways off the beaten path and as I came into the sweet spot I noticed something through the trees. A bucket attached to the top of a small pine. WTF? this wasn't here last time. I turn and see a trail cam pointed directly too the bucket in the tree. Hmmm. Well, I'll leave that alone. Good spot. I'm curious, if this is your cam, would you mind sending me a snap or two? you can PM me with any photos you'd like to share.

Walk softly and carry a big stick.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Found your Trail Cam - Red Creek

What's in the bucket?
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Damn, an area name, photos of a camera, feed spot and of the surrounding area...I'd be a little upset to come across this thread if it were mine.

Hope its well hidden away from any roads...and Google Earth.

Oh, and can you send me any pics of the best animals you have on film? ..................WTF??

Quote Originally Posted by Wrayzer View Post
    Damn, an area name, photos of a camera, feed spot and of the surrounding area...I'd be a little upset to come across this thread if it were mine.

"Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Quote Originally Posted by Wrayzer View Post

why? I'd do the same thing as ravensfoot, I think it would be great share info on a spot the only both of you know about. A new friendship and hunting buddy could happen.
    Hope you get contacted ravensfoot.
    Hunting the promised land

Agreed. I think its better that ravensfoot asked for pics rather than stealing the camera. He obviously knows the area so why not share some pics? Its not like he posted a GPS coordinate and map advertising the location. If it was camera, I would share.

Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    why? I'd do the same thing as ravensfoot, I think it would be great share info on a spot the only both of you know about. A new friendship and hunting buddy could happen.
    Hope you get contacted ravensfoot.

Those cameras carry the SD mini's, same as most smart phones. Pop out the card, browse it on your phone and pop it back into the trail camera. I don't get reception in the bush but I carry mine specifically to browse my trail cam photos. And if I run across a camera that isn't mine as long as its not pad locked I'll browse other people's cams. Just make sure you put everything back intact and working. If your not a tech savy person, then maybe avoid this since you might bugger something up.

I don't think I would post pictures and location of a found camera myself. It could give away my spot as well as the camera's owner. On the other hand hanging a camera on crown land and making it so obvious is just asking for some one to find it. The next guy that finds it may not leave it alone as ravensfoot did. I try to keep my camera locations a bit more discreet. I like to carry in my bait with a pack instead of with a quad. If I am walking in snow I will approach the camera site on different trails to make the tracks a little less obvious. You don't hear of many cameras 2 km into the bush that go missing. The ones I have heard about have been fence lines, and beside roads and quad trails.
    Mike

If it's not mine...I don't touch it.

Same here...I've never touched anyone else's cams. Wouldn't want anyone touching mine either.