Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GOOD GRIEF...he just keeps amazing me!!!

GOOD GRIEF...he just keeps amazing me!!!

Now i know I brag up the shooters in my family...especially my little guy but BY GUM! he has floored me again. As the JOP (Junior Olympian Program) has been underway for a while and he was struggling a bit compared to what is normal for him I decided to take a real good look at what was going on...I found he was getting two arrows right nicely in the center and one high right every end...well I marked his arrow and you guessed it same arrow every time!!! DOH...way to go dad...talk about missing the obvious. Anyway, long story short i replaced the funky arrow and we headed out to the indoor range to shoot a make up round for a week-end he missed.....HE SHOT A 260!!!! He was shooting a Vegas triangular 3 spot!!!!! This also gave him the score he required to bump him up to the "olympian" level in the program. While not a snactioned event so it will not count it is 21 points over the current 9 and under JOP record!! All this still 3 1/2 months shy of his 7th birthday!!! MAN being a parent can be a RUSH!!!

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

2. Site Sponsor

Re: GOOD GRIEF...he just keeps amazing me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by willyqbc
    MAN being a parent can be a RUSH!!!

Chris
    It sure is a rush .. I got 3 son's and they amaze me all the time...!

He should be ready to take care of any strange cats that may entre your house in the middle of the night now Tell him I said way to go! He'll be soon outshooting his dad. We may have a new Chuck Adams on our hands yet

Marc.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Kepp him shooting, that record will be his in no time at all
    ________
    VAPORIZER REVIEWS
    Last edited by DropTines; 03-04-2011 at 03:28 PM.

Gotta love that Chris, must be good genes eh, starting from your dad of course....

Craig
    It's ok to get excited, just learn to control it.....If you don't get excited, might as well go home!!

Craig you hit the nail on the head !!! Thank-you
    You think his dad is proud !! nothing compared to his poppa !! Mike
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills

Rainwater Guest

Chris, I know exactly how you feel, those little buggers got good eyes, my littlest boy, (now 21) used to shoot quail with his recurve. Now that's good shooting. Enjoy these times as I am sure you will. I'm jealous.

used to shoot quail with his recurve
    DAMN!!! now thats impressive!!

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by willyqbc
    Now i know I brag up the shooters in my family...especially my little guy but BY GUM! he has floored me again. As the JOP (Junior Olympian Program) has been underway for a while and he was struggling a bit compared to what is normal for him I decided to take a real good look at what was going on...I found he was getting two arrows right nicely in the center and one high right every end...well I marked his arrow and you guessed it same arrow every time!!! DOH...way to go dad...talk about missing the obvious. Anyway, long story short i replaced the funky arrow and we headed out to the indoor range to shoot a make up round for a week-end he missed.....HE SHOT A 260!!!! He was shooting a Vegas triangular 3 spot!!!!! This also gave him the score he required to bump him up to the "olympian" level in the program. While not a snactioned event so it will not count it is 21 points over the current 9 and under JOP record!! All this still 3 1/2 months shy of his 7th birthday!!! MAN being a parent can be a RUSH!!!

Chris
    Spoken like a PROUD dad, and rightfully so.Enjoy these times, and congrats to the youngster.

Bow Walker Guest

Way to go for the now and in the future!! Awesome shooting for a 6'er going on a 7'er. Now that's gotta be exciting for the future.

What's Santa got planned for him? Go ahead, we won't tell anybody