Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting Companions

Hunting Companions

Over the years I have taken many different persons on extremely high quality hunting trips into productive and pristine areas.

Common traits have surfaced with all of these people (some folks have more, some folks have less). Here are the character traits that I have observed:

1.) Cheap. Not wanting to pay their share.
    2.) Controlling. Wanting to dictate where,what, how,when.
    3.) In a rush. In a frenzied rush to arrive and wanting to go home early.
    4.) Unappreciative. They often act as if they did you a favour by coming.
    5.) Failure to return the offer of a hunt.
    6.) Expect first shot at everything.
    7.) Do not appreciate the precious nature of the limited time available to spend in such remote, low access, wondrous places.

Some have been excellent and will always be invited.

Good hunting partners are difficult to acquire. Choose wisely and cherish the good ones.

This year I will be flying solo as the good ones are unavailable this season.
    Last edited by Riverboatfantasy; 08-12-2012 at 09:06 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunting Companions

I think I've taken your buddies salmon fishing !

You started with Cheap...a lot of the other characteristics go hand in hand with that. I here ya.

Good hunting partners are simply an extension of good friends and good family. Chances are if a persons' not one of the latter, they won't make the best of hunting partners.

wow what a shame. to think of the lengths id go to just to experience a riverboat trip is crazy. but to hear about people getting invited and then shitting on their host is just discusting... i feel sorry for you but it is hard to find good company. i hope you have better luck in the future

this is why i sold my boat!
    "Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid."
    --John Wayne

I have a friend that comes up deer hunting from the coast. If he doesn't get anything and I do, I'll give him the whole deer. Not a big deal.

I've also took a guy out and I got my deer and we split it 50/50. As most hunts are. Later I took him out for his moose and I seen none of it. I showed him the area and everything. Now he takes a whole other crew in there and I go elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by warnniklz View Post
    I've also took a guy out and I got my deer and we split it 50/50. As most hunts are. Later I took him out for his moose and I seen none of it. I showed him the area and everything. Now he takes a whole other crew in there and I go elsewhere.
    Whatta ****.

Show me an area, I don't care if its crown, private whatever. I don't take anyone in unless you're cool with it. Just common courtesy.

You wanna take me out?
    I'll do my best to not be one of those guys.
    It really blows me away what you guys get to do up there....... Some times i think i was borne too far south!

Here is my resume

1.) Cheap. Not wanting to pay their share. I have a good job that pays
    2.) Controlling. Wanting to dictate where,what, how,when. Dad always told me when you are with someone who knos more then you shut up and listen.... this followed by "Do as your told"
    3.) In a rush. In a frenzied rush to arrive and wanting to go home early. The last thing on my mind would be rushing an experaince like that
    4.) Unappreciative. They often act as if they did you a favour by coming. I already told ya, it would blow my mind.... you might even get tired of me saying "That is f'en awsome!"
    5.) Failure to return the offer of a hunt. I dont got much but a 18.5' campion explorer thats my dads,,, but i used to be a Guide for salmon....
    6.) Expect first shot at everything id be too busy looking at the scenery if you were fast enough you wouldnt need to worry about this

so, When we goin?

this thread is making me feel better,almost ready to stick to waterfowl hunting because its something i can do alone.glad to hear I'm not alone with getting screwed around over hunting /fishing companions.