Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little Offseason Day Hike (Nice Photos)

Little Offseason Day Hike (Nice Photos)

Well last summer i posted a thread with some pictures of when i climbed Fisher Peak (Highest peak in the southern Rockies) which went well and i almost found easier than the hike i did yesterday... Here is the link to that thread for those who want to see it http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...for-a-day-hike

My buddy came to visit from germany for the month of july so i thought id occupy him by showing him some of BC's greatest views and best workouts.

The day started out early after a short sleep and a few beers, with a couple of bacon and eggers (they didn't last long) and cup of jet fuel we were off to tackle Mt Steven's followed by Mt Teepee.

The trail is a steep uphill slog and that only followed up by several feelings of dissapointment, especially when you clear the tree line. After climbing unrelentlessley for 2 hours you finally see a steep mountain face you have to drag your tired ass up, then once you clear that you finally get to enjoy the view at the top of Mt Stevens. Now after hiking for 4 hours uphill, the peak of Mt Teepee towers over where you are standing (Mt Stevens) and after a relieving easy ridgewalk from Mt Stevens to the base of Mt Teepee, you are blessed with another 45 minutes straight up the face of Mt Teepee...

The feeling of conquering Mt Teepee is second to none as the view of the endless sea of the rockies overwhelm the ache in your legs and the "what the f*ck am i doing" thought in the back of your mind.... In total it took us 8 hours with lots of "holy shit im dieing breaks" and lots of photography opportunites

Now more to the point of the thread, enjoy the pictures that i endured dearly for just to bring to HBC

Here we are at the trailhead

Now this is the celebration of summiting the first mountain- MT Stevens

Another little celebration (This is looking back towards the valley that I live in)

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Little Offseason Day Hike (Nice Photos)

I guess you could say the view was "overwhelming"

A beer and a great view is all i needed in order for this picture to be displayed (This is the top of Mt Teepee)

Here is me and my german friend at the top of Mt Teepee, this photo sums up a good day

Quote Originally Posted by TPB View Post
    Well last summer i posted a thread with some pictures of when i climbed Fisher Peak (Highest peak in the southern Rockies) which went well and i almost found easier than the hike i did yesterday... Here is the link to that thread for those who want to see it http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...for-a-day-hike

My buddy came to visit from germany for the month of july so i thought id occupy him by showing him some of BC's greatest views and best workouts.

The day started out early after a short sleep and a few beers, with a couple of bacon and eggers (they didn't last long) and cup of jet fuel we were off to tackle Mt Steven's followed by Mt Teepee.

The trail is a steep uphill slog and that only followed up by several feelings of dissapointment, especially when you clear the tree line. After climbing unrelentlessley for 2 hours you finally see a steep mountain face you have to drag your tired ass up, then once you clear that you finally get to enjoy the view at the top of Mt Stevens. Now after hiking for 4 hours uphill, the peak of Mt Teepee towers over where you are standing (Mt Stevens) and after a relieving easy ridgewalk from Mt Stevens to the base of Mt Teepee, you are blessed with another 45 minutes straight up the face of Mt Teepee...

The feeling of conquering Mt Teepee is second to none as the view of the endless sea of the rockies overwhelm the ache in your legs and the "what the f*ck am i doing" thought in the back of your mind.... In total it took us 8 hours with lots of "holy shit im dieing breaks" and lots of photography opportunites

Now more to the point of the thread, enjoy the pictures that i endured dearly for just to bring to HBC

Here we are at the trailhead

Now this is the celebration of summiting the first mountain- MT Stevens

Another little celebration (This is looking back towards the valley that I live in)
    Great job,and view

Awesome!!!

All done in running shoes too. Nice pics TPB, I am sure your German friend was in awe.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Very nice picture you took Taylor and this is the way to keep in shape.
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Thats a good hike! Way to bag a couple of peaks.
    kenny
    I love it when the seasons change.
    Fishing to Hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    All done in running shoes too. Nice pics TPB, I am sure your German friend was in awe.
    Those merrell hiking shoes are way comfier to hike in i find haha just got to watch your ankles, and you bet he rubbed it into all of his friend's faces back home

Cool! Kind of reminds me of the Right Gaurd commercials!

Thats just sweet say hi to your friend for me.