Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whereto find topo maps?

Whereto find topo maps?

I am trying to find a source for some more topo maps. Anyone have any clues as to where I should be looking? Is there anywhere online that I can order some? I am mostly looking for some maps around clinton and north to PG. Any help would be great.
    Sig

2. Site Sponsor

i dont know about there but i know here i get my topo maps from the muesum....or i can get really good maps from the mill wich cover roads and swamps and stuff too...so if u have a source at a lumber mill or something see if they can make u some up...
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

Government office thats where I usually get mine, or from friends in forestry.

Kirby
    Huuked on foniks wurked fur me

Quote Originally Posted by StoneChaser
    Biggest problem with a debate on ethics is the simple fact that ethics are like underwear...everybody has 'em, but some are a little shittier than others

Zigman, You'll be able to get just about anything you need in papermaps from Nixon's maps in Cloverdale. You can try to phone but the old fellow is deaf the phone won't be answered unless some of his part time staff are in.

Otherwise you can try the company in the hunting regs pg10 and buy cd rom maps. I use Touratech-QV Navigator, the program was about $100 but there is over 700 maps of BC below the 54th parallell. Check out http://canadianmaps.ca/Maps/QVNBC/british_columbia.htm you can print whole maps or just a small section of one on 8.5 x 11 paper.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Topo Maps

zigman. If you are in Vancouver there is a good selection at International Travel Maps & Books, 530 West Broadway (at Cambie St.) I think I paid about $12-15 for the paper ones. BCKID

http://www.itmb.com/retail.html
    Stay between the ditches/I like my TRUCK
    Once you hit 50 you don't have to justify anything you want to buy!!

Steel,
    With the software maps. Can you print out the entire maps or are you limited to normal paper sizes? It seems like a good deal for around $100 to get nearly all of BC in maps.
    Thanks-Sig
    ps. Still got that .338?

if u were to print them out in sectoins u could always peice them together too...
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

My buddy has a HP printer and was able to print the whole thing (1map) in poster mode then taped the pieces together. I'm not that smart(lol) my canon printer is smarter than me and were still not talking. as it is I usually decide where I'm going and only print up an 8.5 x 11 piece of the area of interest. you can make notes on the working copy then make permenant additions to the maps in your computer for the next time you print. Just think 1 map at nixon's $17 (last I paid) 750 maps $100. I think by the time shipping and tax etc the bill was about $120

Oh and yes the mag is still an orniment in my friends closet. Down to $750 with the grey bell stock. Thanks
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

hey dude

This is an incredible map resource online - it's gov't.
    http://www.em.gov.bc.ca/Mining/Geols...Place/maps.htm

select the bcgs map and load the software it downloads. You'll then see the map.

You must select features from the panel or all you'll see is a whole lot of yellow space. As you zoom in, more features become available. For example, it might say roads <200, but as you zoom in you will see roads <50 appear, when the scale of the map allows for it.

You can go to any location by using the right mouse button, selecting 'zoom goto' , pulling down 'bc locality' in the menu, then typing the name and changing the scale to something small like 20 km.

On the side you can turn on 3d dem hillshade, sat photos, contours of many different sorts, lakes, rivers, railways, etc etc etc.

It takes a little playing around to get the hang of the tools, but if you play with it a bit you'll be stunned at what it can do. You can print maps from this too - which is nice cause you can center exactly what you want.

Once you master it, it's an awesome resource. Handi too for looking at those areas people mention but you don't know where they are (that's the zoom goto feature).

play with it, and good luck.

Thanks for the website Foxer, your right on both counts.........its a fantastic resource and its also a learning curve to get what you want, l am still looking for that 3-d feature and contours button ........
    “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”- Voltaire