Thread: Rigging weights

Rigging weights

Well I have got the 2-1 mushroom style weights. I am trying to figure out the best way to rig it? I also have the Hunter Specialties decoy cord the plastic type. I was wondering if I should get the braided cord for them? How long should I have the lines?

Any suggestions would be great.
    What I nice day! Now watch some Arsehole F&%#it up!!!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Rigging weights

I use braided cords and 5 oz cannonball type fish weights. leingth of cord will depend on where you intend to use them mine are about 5' long. I dont like plastic/nylon cord as the knots seem to tend to slip.I also attatch a heavy duty elastic band (100 for $1.00 @ the dollar store) to the weight end of the cord that way when you wind the cord up you can streach the elastic and slip it over 1 end of the keil to prevent unwinding and tangling
    Last edited by Foxton Gundogs; 05-25-2012 at 04:41 PM.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Jim, I guess I'm going to have to give you lessons on knot tying if your's are slipping????
    Cheers-----Field Marshal.

Quote Originally Posted by field marshal View Post
    Jim, I guess I'm going to have to give you lessons on knot tying if your's are slipping????
    Cheers-----Field Marshal.
    Your on Tony I'll bring the peperoni just picked up a fresh batch
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Line length depends on the water depth were you normally hunt. I use around 5 to 6 feet. I found braided line in Steveston cheap, dont remember the name of the fishing store but got heavy rubber bands at Nika that I use for the purpose as Foxton Gundogs described.

I get free old inner-tubes from tire shops and cut them up and use them as rubber bands. they last a long time and the price is right.
    "you know there are a lot of mountain bikers in the area" she looked at me weird when I said back to her " Thats fine, I'm not hunting mountain bikers today" Brambles