Thread: Bought a GPS

Bought a GPS

I finally quit hemming and hawing and bought a new GPS. I bought a refurbished (looks like new) Garmin GPS-V from Radioworld for $199.00. I've noticed that GPS units have been getting pricey and I've read alot about the GPS-V so when I saw it come on sale I picked one up. It came with a bunch of accessorries and the latest software. They have a bit of a sale on now for GPS units.

It's trailing edge technology, but it can do everything I want it to, plus all my accessorries from my Garmin GPSII+ work on it. I bought TOPO Canada and I can load all of Vancouver Island on it with a little bit of memory to spare.

It also has autorouting, which makes a route to somewhere on the map that you chose and gives you turn by turn directions to your destination, mostly in the city. I'm going to try it on a couple of bush wayponts I have and see if it will get me there using logging roads. Anyhow, I've got my new toy and now have to learn how to use it. John
    "If you see a fork in the road, take it" Yogi Berra

2. Site Sponsor

WoodOx Guest

Re: Bought a GPS

COngrats, should be fun.

I got one for last Christmas, have yet to use it, but now that you mention it I think ill start. Cant get much better than that for remembering when you find good/productive/nice spots in the bush!

Re: Bought a GPS

Quote Originally Posted by agaucher
    COngrats, should be fun.

I got one for last Christmas, have yet to use it, but now that you mention it I think ill start. Cant get much better than that for remembering when you find good/productive/nice spots in the bush!
    Nice pictures agaucher! I think you're doing just fine without a GPS.

Where's Shale Ridge, Mount Colossus? John
    "If you see a fork in the road, take it" Yogi Berra