Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese ATV's?

Chinese ATV's?

Im seeing these imports from China at a very attractive price here in Prince George. Chinese Yamahas, 400cc, 2 and 4 wheel drive, decent looking machines for $6300.00 and I hear there available in Vancouver for a grand less.
    Does anyone know anything more about these things? Hunk of junk? As good as most? Whats the scoop?
    He who dies with the most toys wins!!!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Chinese ATV's?

From what i hear, theyre junk!
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!

My body might be in Red Deer but my heart and soul are still on the Island

I have seen and riden a couple different ones. I think that they would make a great unit to have as a second bike for the wife or kids to ride in the summer on trails and such but as far as a hunting rig I dont think they would stand up.

Just my opinion.

Hilgy
    "you can have your rifle on the dashboard and ammo clenched between your teeth and that's legal."-Gatehouse

Are you taking about the ones they are seing at CDN Tire these days? They ook pretty junky.

Frankly, If I am going ot spend $6000 on an ATV, I would feel better abotu spending another $4000 to get a quality product, rather than be unsatisfid with my $6000 purchase.

Same with optics and gear.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

What's wong with them?

Not the ones in Canadian Tire but in a couple shops in PG. Not bad looking machines but Im no expert for sure. I think Hubert Farm Equipment in Mud River is carrying them and a shop on 1st. Ave. I'll get the exact brand name and post it tomorrow.
    He who dies with the most toys wins!!!

I've read that some of the rights to the Honda products from the 70s/80s, such as the 50, 70 and 90 cc motorcycle products were acquired by Chinese firms.
    From what I've read these motorcycles are near matches to the originals in regards to quality.
    I owned a Honda 90 back in the 70s, ( wish I kept it ). I haven't seen any of the bikes in Canada. I would like to see a "new" Honda 90 to see if it's the same as the one I sold years ago.
    I'd be suspect who the Chinese manufacturer is copying in regards to an ATV.
    Lots of engines for small motor products are coming in from China, IE. pocket rocket and small chopper motorcycles, these things are throw away toys.
    Try to find out who made the product and do some research on the internet.

I know a couple of guys with them. If you know any old timers, they will tell you the same thing happened when Japan started bringing cars over, people were leery. I heard they are OK. They are a little cheaper, so not as nicely finished, not as many options, but I'll be buying one for my wife next year. I think 6300 is high, someone from Kelowna look here and let us know.

A friend bought 2 400cc ones in Kelowna. He said that if he needs any parts he gets them at the honda dealership. There is also a 650 coming out. Apparrantly they are equivalent to the hondas from 2 yrs prior.

I paid only $6200 last year for a brand new 2005 Yamaha bruin 4x4, including the warn winch. Why in the heck would you pay MORE for a no-name chinese brand?!?! The suzuki, yamaha, and kawi 350 machines will be in the same price-range, and surely more reliable and better quality.