Thread: Grouse/Sylvester Road

Grouse/Sylvester Road

Anybody know if Sylvester Road area is any good for grouse. Want to go somewhere not too far from Surrey. The other area is Chehalis. Any suggestions/recommendations appreciated.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Grouse/Sylvester Road

I've hunted Sylvester for quite a few years. (Good for half day outings!) Not too many grouse in my time, unless you can get up top. Trouble is they deactivated the road in a harsh fashion. It's passable but only in really good equipment or hoof-in it!!! Take the first right as soon as the pavement ends, you'll see what I mean. I'd say Mystery creek would have better odds.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Ya they have some, you have 2 get off the main roads though and get up higher.

I have done a few day outings there, and only saw one. By the time I had the gun up, there was a quad coming so I couldnt shoot.

Thats the prob I find up there...if you see something, its not usually around for long and if it is, theres someone behind it
    ...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...