Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adams Lake elk heard

Adams Lake elk heard

I exect to move to the Sorrento in the near future. I understand that there was a herd of elk there, but that the herd is not doing too well or is decimated. Has anyone know about the herd's health and size?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Adams Lake elk heard

There was a herd up in pinatan 20 animals ,then someone killed 19 of them & lined all there heads up on his front porch . Nice hay
    This is what I was told by a good sorce.

We saw a herd of about 12 or so at the north end of adams lake. The CO figuered that the predators kept there numbers down around a dozen, so there will never be a season there.

2011 was hard on them. The wolves hammered them, killing at least 7 bulls that I know of.

thanks guys. I will be looking for another place to hunt elk. Is Revelstoke herd the only other herd that's not too far away that is open?

Quote Originally Posted by shuswap kid View Post
    thanks guys. I will be looking for another place to hunt elk. Is Revelstoke herd the only other herd that's not too far away that is open?
    Even if the herd was doing good in the Adams, they are OFF LIMITS to hunting.

I have seen the elk close to adams and heard some bugling a hour before light this sept

But you have to just take pictures the people who have been poaching elk in that area should be in jail.....

A friend of mine said he say 6 run across his field in Westwold the other day.
    I had a thought one day,,,,then it was gone. I'm sure the Wife was there.......

it would nice if they built up just for shed hunting etc

You missed your chance. Was a good group of bulls for a few years. Now....all wolf scat!