Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rope for my decoys

Rope for my decoys

Ok, i've been to 3 canadian tires and 2 home depots and I can't find anything suitable in terms of rope for my decoys.

Anyone know a good place to get dark, slightly weighted rope so that I can tie my decoys with weights?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Rope for my decoys

how many decoys are you rigging and where abouts are you. I have a roll of black string that I have been using on mine and it seems to work fine.
    If you wana come pick some up feel free
    Dan
    Im in Poco

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

I have used black braided backing line (for fishing reels) tied to a small section of tube lead, purchased from sportsfishing stores, for years. The line lasts a very long time, and you can cut the lead off it's spool at the weight needed for where you're setting the decoys.

I use 130# tarred from pacific net and twine. Doesnt tangle much, realitivly stiff and strong as hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

Danny, I'm in north delta.

Whereabouts in Poco are you? I could probably head out to your place on the 24th or even the 25th? Probably not a good day on the 25th tho eh?

guest Guest

Go back to Can tire, in the fishing dept. but that green cord type line, cheaper then a specialized decoy rope. Works great and lasts years. Cheap too.

CT

camo decoy string at WS $6.00 a roll(I've rigged 6 doz with a roll) or like others have said fishing cord type line I use #5 cannonball sinkers and attatch an ordinary heavy rubber band to the line at the weight whic you can streach and hook over the keel to prevent tangle.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

I was able to pick up 12 weights and decoy cord from Italian sporting goods when they had their sale. Cost me $10 and it works great!
    Last edited by Jelvis; Yesterday at 10:24 PM. Reason: ATTENTION: YOUR HONEY HOLE has been JEL ZEROED

" A boss is like a diaper, always on your ass and full of shit!"

Whats WS?
    I went back to Canadian Tire. Lets just say that the store on cambie is a JOKE when it comes to outdoor stuff. Not suprized really since its the land of lulu and latte's here. So the last thing someone in this area would be looking for is cord/rope for their decoys. I'll try to hit up another one tomorrow or something.
    Thanks for the input.

WS= Wholesale Sports. I would try the Can. Tires in the Valley or even Princess Auto. Wally's World in the Interior and on the Island has some hunting and fishing "stuff" as well.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.