Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rookie question, Sorry.

Rookie question, Sorry.

I am a total rookie to hunting and live in Abbotsford. I would like to go after grouse, but have no Idea where to find them. Can they be found in any areas around say, Mission or Chilliwack? Any point in the right direction would be appreciated. I don't want anyones specific hunting ground, I would just like a general vicinity to start in. Thanks for helping a rookie.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Rookie question, Sorry.

up around the tamahi fsr or towards chipmunk creek
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

I've seen a couple on the east side of harrison lake (2-1., and i know there are lots in the 3-17 area (Lytton area to be specific).I'm sure some of the other guys will chime in soon.Oh and theres no reason to be sorry for asking questions around this place.Good luck.

Just about any loggin road east of Abby, Sylvester rd and further east. It's like all hunting, right time right place.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Go up to merrit around kentucky lake, tons of grouse there. just have to drive up and down the logging roads. a bunch of my girlfriend family went up about 2 weeks ago and got a bunch.

I was just up on the logging roads around Murray Lake on the weekend and got some Spruce Grouse and spotted some Ruffled as well.

Has anyone had any luck this year on the logging roads above Sasquatch Provincial Park north of Harrison Hot Springs? That would be close for him.

Thanks for the responses, I will try far up sylvesters logging roads soon and then try up Harrison way. I will let you know how I fair.

Thanks again.

Has anyone had any luck this year on the logging roads above Sasquatch Provincial Park north of Harrison Hot Springs? That would be close for him.[/quote]

I've only seen 2 grouse in this area so far this year,and there both still there cause i didn't shoot them.I'm in this area frequently so if you see a guy in a newer blue dodge pick-up stop and say hi.

I am also a rookie and wondering if you had any luck with any of the suggested locations.

I am in Vancouver. If anyone has any suggestions closer my way for grouse, it would be appreciated.

Up around the Coquihalla toll booth are is good.