Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fiberglass canada decoys

fiberglass canada decoys

just purchased a few decoys as a lot purchase ,in the lot is 18 fiberglass canada decoys.my question is are these worth the effort to restore?

http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/s...ock/Decoy4.jpg

http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/s...ock/Decoy2.jpg

2. Site Sponsor

Re: fiberglass canada decoys

never heard of fibergalss dekes. Those look like old school foamers. Almost like herters. But i dont have much experience with the ole school stuff. CF might be able to help you a bit more then me, but they might be worth a few bucks.

is herters a name brand?

those decks are cool where did you score those clasics

Alot of guys used to make fiberglass brant,snow and canada decoys. Some were two part melted foam poured into molds. And then some guys would fiberglass over that foam to make them a more durable decoy. Not fiberglassing them left a softer exterior that would deteriorate quicker. I've seen quite a few brants that look very similar to the canadas you have there. The molds should be kickin around delta/ladner somewhere, a few guys should still have them.

They're neat old decoys, good to have on the mantle.
    Last edited by Crazy_Farmer; 10-31-2011 at 06:09 AM.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Can't see that their worth much as they are so repaint them. Your looking at about20 to 30 dollars each for new.

I'm pretty sure I know who's mold those came outta. K

HI K,
    Still have 2 different molds from dad's brant. Is that some thing from the spit??? Original baked canadas came from the Faulkes' household and then was sold to RJ. That was a long time ago
    Wayne

The molds I'm thinking about were originally made by Parker but he gave one to RJ and I'm almost positive that RK has one to. These weren't made all that long ago, maybe in the last 15 or 20 years. K

I still have a few of the old Faulkes foam molded decoys, originally bought for my first wavy set in about 1965 but now in my brant set, and wouldn't mind one of those Canadas, as is, to add to those for tradition's sake. If you're willing to sell me one let me know PM what you want for it.