Thread: Thanksgiving 2011 Success and fantastic weekend!

Thanksgiving 2011 Success and fantastic weekend!

Well, stressed out, my Bro and I decided that we are leaving Thursday 5am for our annual Thanksgiving hunt.

First of all, thanksgiving is always packed with hunters, and this year I noticed many camps setup in prime hunting area? I really don't get why these people hunt right in the area where shooting may take place. I myself would camp down or in an area thats more away from the hunt zone.

Anyways, because the area was packed, we went off looking for whitetail (Which we didnt even see one doe....????)

The weather was warm and windy, blue skies, and 5 minutes, yes 5 minutes into our hunt a non typical small 3 point was right in front in front of my 4x4, and my bro said should I?? YEs you should....nice!!!

Anyways as the days moved on I turned down a whole bunch of small bucks, I also saw that the big bucks were grouped up, but wouldnt give me more than a second to see them running.

The second from last day, we hunted real hard and found ourselves far from the cabins and as we decided to head back for lunch a small 4 point ran across a slash and found himself coming back to the cabin with us!!!
    Kamloops cabins for rent!
    www.bclakefronts.com

Check out some amazing pictures on my Facebook of trophy fish and game:
    www.facebook.com/bclakefronts
    What about YOUTUBE, Check my video on how to make a Euro mount:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CanadianCade

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Thanksgiving 2011 Success and fantastic weekend!

Fishing was UNREAL, friends and campfires were awesome, the food we ate was incredible, Steak and lobster one night, Ribs and pasta another, and for lunch one day my friend of mine made deep fried brook trout with chips and MAN was that a treat!!

Some sheep mating actually...

Overall another amazing hunting experience, the only thing that sucks is I have to wait another year to do it again!

www.bclakefronts.com

Nice...fishing and hunting. What a way to spend a holiday.

great job chris...We were very close to you guys this thanksgiving as well, and what a country to hunt http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...-First-4-point . I'll be sure to book some ice fishing time at your cabin again
    The Andes is foothills, and the Alps is for children to climb! Keep good care of your hair! These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones!And there ain't no churches, except for this right here! And there ain't no priests excepting the birds. By God, I are a mountain man, and I'll live 'til an arrow or a bullet finds me. And then I'll leave my bones on this great map of the magnificent

Nice bucks looked like a fun weekend.
    Mike

I forgot to mention thr trophy bear we saw this year, saw 6 or 7 bear but two were amazing, i would call trophies.
    www.bclakefronts.com